F1 rejects carset?

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

F1 rejects carset?

Post by nimrod111 »

:lol: I was wondering who would win a championship only made up by the worst F1 teams.

A battle between Life, Andrea Moda, Fondmetal, Coloni, Token, Connew, Kahusen, Merzario...Well, there is A LOT of choice.

So, I would like to ask you to help me composing the entry list.

What teams do you want be racing in that MAGNIFICENT championship? :lol:
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: F1 rejects carset?

Post by rremedio »

Please, set Hispania as the worst team :lol:
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

rremedio wrote:Please, set Hispania as the worst team :lol:
I'm afraid that Hispania is a team too much serious :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Now this is an idea I like very much! Certainly the late 80's and early 90's seemed to spawn a procession of no-hopers living on not much more than a dream. From this period I think the Andrea Moda story takes some beating, largely because of team owner Andrea Sassetti's sheer audacity! How they managed to sign Roberto Moreno, and then how he managed to qualify the unbelievably p**s-poor S921 at Monaco of all places, were both miracles on the scale of loaves and fishes.

The Life project was pretty hopeless too, and the Onyx team in 1990 was a total shambles despite a highly promising 1989.

I have a soft spot for the short-lived Forti Corse as well, I loved the story that Parmalat were happy to be involved with them in '95 because they knew they'd get plenty of TV exposure as the cars were lapped by the leaders so often!

Going back further into the mists of time, Chris Amon's eponymous team basically summed up his career: he was completely luckless and never seemed to be in the right place at the right time, although the car looked quite cool and helped pioneer the "driver forward" design of later F1 cars. Also the "Stanley Steamer" of 1977, BRM's last hurrah in F1, was a spectacular failure and for some reason I've always liked it.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Yes yes yes.. This is what I have in mind :D .

A first entry list.

- Andrea Moda (Greyhead)
- Life (GH)
- Amon (GH)
- Onyx (GH)
- Forti (Gh)
- Connew (nimrod)
- Token (N)
- Merzario (N).
- Coloni (N)

I don't think that BRM deserves a place in this horror gallery eh eh.
Awaiting for other suggestions
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

(Mastercard) Lola Ford 1997!!! I think this doesn't need any further explanation. ;-)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

My vote is for Eurobrun. They couldn´t start a single race in 1989 :shock:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'd forgot about the Mastercard Lola. My God, they were awful! Unbelievably, that car was never even tested in a wind tunnel.

Indeed Lola have had a pretty rotten F1 history. They were alright in the Larrousse days (when they designed chassis for the French team) but the '93 Scuderia Italia Lolas were terrible, and had that rotten colour scheme as well.

Brabham in '92 were pretty awful too (and also had a horribly garish colour scheme) but as they were one of the top teams in the 1960's and '70's probably shouldn't be included.

Back to the 1970's, and the DFV kit-car era gave us some really hopeless teams: Kauhsen (who would later merge with another backmarker, Merzario) and their car that was supposed to be a Lotus 79 clone but in its initial guise actually looked like it had been in a collision with a car-port; the bloody ugly Trojan; and the quite frankly bizarre Eifelland.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Peze
GP2 Gamer

Post by Peze »

A vote for Modena, 1991. Chosed team in F1GP too :D
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Greyhead wrote:I'd forgot about the Mastercard Lola. My God, they were awful! Unbelievably, that car was never even tested in a wind tunnel.

Indeed Lola have had a pretty rotten F1 history. They were alright in the Larrousse days (when they designed chassis for the French team) but the '93 Scuderia Italia Lolas were terrible, and had that rotten colour scheme as well.

Brabham in '92 were pretty awful too (and also had a horribly garish colour scheme) but as they were one of the top teams in the 1960's and '70's probably shouldn't be included.

Back to the 1970's, and the DFV kit-car era gave us some really hopeless teams: Kauhsen (who would later merge with another backmarker, Merzario) and their car that was supposed to be a Lotus 79 clone but in its initial guise actually looked like it had been in a collision with a car-port; the bloody ugly Trojan; and the quite frankly bizarre Eifelland.

Yeees..The Eifelland! I think the most unconventional car of all times :lol:

Updated Entry list
- Andrea Moda (Greyhead)
- Life (GH)
- Amon (GH)
- Onyx (GH)
- Forti (Gh)
- Eifelland (Gh)
- Trojan (GH)
- Connew (nimrod)
- Token (N)
- Merzario (N).
- Coloni (N)
- Eurobrun (Racer63)
- Lambo/Modena Team (Peze)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Did you ever see the original prototype? That was even weirder!

http://www.f1rejects.com/teams/eifelland/profile.html

Shades of the Arrows A2? Perhaps Eifelland were just ahead of their time...
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Yes. Eiffeland was built in 1972, while the Arrows A2 was developed in 1979.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

And both were rubbish :lol:
Larry
GP2 Newbie

Post by Larry »

LOL! =P~ :lol: Great idea!

In the 80s there were many hopeless teams strugling even to prequalify.

Here are some of my "favorites":
Osella, Simtec, Eurobrun, Zakspeed, Coloni, Rial, Onyx, Forti, PAcific, Super Aguri, Virgin and HRT. Minardi deserves a slot also for its longevity. \:D/
Must not forget Leyton House with Ivan Capelli.
Larry Silverstone
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Ah, but Leyton House had that brief period where they were genuinely competitive, although their owner was a bit of a shyster and I believe he ended up in jail. F1 at that time seemed to attract that kind of team principal for some reason!