Questions about track making?

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Questions about track making?

Post by RacerBG »

Hi guys, now my crazy brain wants to make an GP2 track :twisted: I had seen that there exist many tutorials for that and Im sure this is not very easy work but I can try :)

So I want to ask those people which are making tracks nowadays the following questions :arrow:

1. I have Paul Hoad trackeditor 1.9.1 alpha is this is enough to make a track :?:
2. I had readed that I need from one ready track to make my own is this is a true :?:
3. From where to start when I start making my track :?:
4. Can you give me some advices how to make this track (or to edit the old one) :?:
5. Can you tell me which tutorial to use for better result and tell me some tricks for easy way to making a track (if you know) :?:
6. For how many time can be built one track :?:

Wish me good luck :)
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Re: Questions about track making?

Post by Life Racing Engines »

Track editing is quite difficult at first, especially if you haven't done anything like that for other games. I think the first thing you have to do is to read a lot. In fact you have to read carefully through all of the tutorials and other information at the track editing information center, even the forum postings. But you must also learn to use the editor. Perhaps it's a good idea to test functions simultaneously when reading.

I'm also quite a newbie in track editing and haven't yet published any tracks. For me the biggest problem is time that you need quite a lot but I hope some day I can make tracks with a good enough quality. Hopefully the more experienced guys can help us more.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

I hope that too :wink: I too want some professional help for this and ofcourse I want (for the moment) just to modify corners or others very simple things [-o<
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

If you only want to modify the layout perhaps the most important tutorials are "The guide to track editing" and "The guide to pit lane editing". But it's important to know that when you change the layout you have to make changes to the pit lane too, otherwise the track won't load.
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Life Racing Engines wrote:If you only want to modify the layout perhaps the most important tutorials are "The guide to track editing" and "The guide to pit lane editing". But it's important to know that when you change the layout you have to make changes to the pit lane too, otherwise the track won't load.
My first job will be to modify the layot because is more easy than to edit the whole track and then I can start making a new tracks :)