FK's sportscar project

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: FK's sportscar project

Post by MaxX »

The trackmaps are awesome! But I won`t include any cars, so you can use the map for different seasons or series.

Great job, where is the "Markus likes this" button ;)
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Once again a new carset is ready! It's a carset of the 1999 edition of the 24 hour race of Le Mans. Many of the cars were created back in 1999 by Francois Terrien and Christopher Rimmer and I updated them with the wheels on the bitmap and in several details. Some more (Mercedes, Toyota) some less (BMW, Panoz, DAMS, the Audis). So actually they are still real classics of GP2. Unfortunately the two guys did not create every car that participated at the race and so I took HF's Ferrari 333SP. After that four cars (Team Goh, Courage, Nissan, Riley&Scott) were still missing and so to create them was my task.

I'll send the carset to AAS soon.
Attachments
Preview.jpg
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

=D>
Love it! I always loved that '99 Toyota, and the Audi R8C (although it was rubbish in the actual race). Can't wait to see this!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Greyhead wrote:=D>
Love it! I always loved that '99 Toyota, and the Audi R8C (although it was rubbish in the actual race). Can't wait to see this!
I agree!! The R8C looked so lovely... :oops:
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

This cars looks like they're from GTR1 not from GP2 fantastic =D>
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

Now the question is: will Mercedes CLRs fly even in your carset? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

When you hit the rear of another car it may even happen, but the car won't airbone without contact. :mrgreen:

The 1999 was really a legendary one with fantastic cars. I personally think the Mercedes is one of the most beautiful cars ever.

Right now it seems these times will come back, probably Peugeot, Audi, Toyta and Honda will battle for LM victory in 2012.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah the Merc was a cool looking car, the front end of it looked unbelievably low and it was a "pure" shape, with not too many add-ons stuck to it for downforce. I suspect Mark Webber and Peter Dumbreck don't agree though :lol:

But I still preferred the Toyota GT-One, it looked like it had been beamed down from another planet!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The Toyota is also a fantastic racecar, just much more radical than all of it's competitors. I find the livery of the 98 version looked better, the 99 one is a bit boring. ;-) Too bad all these manufactureres (except Audi) stopped with the sportscars and went on to enter F1. But I'm really looking forward to 2012 and also this year will be an exiting year for sportscar racing. Many new cars and teams will compete and Pescarolo is back.
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Haven't been here for a while and what a nice surprise to see a fine new Le Mans carset, good news indeed... :)
Looking forward to test it...

Am I right FK that you do not have your own homepage for GP2 stuff any more...??

Keep up the good work... :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah the '98 Toyota did look better with its red and white streaks rather than just the white triangle thing at the front of the '99 car, but it still looked cooler than the rest of the field put together :lol:

EDIT: I just read up a bit on the GT-One, I never realised that in 1999 the team was sponsored by Marlboro (hence the white triangle at the front, to make the Marlboro "chevron"). Obviously with Le Mans being in France, they couldn't carry Marlboro logos thanks to the tough anti-tobacco legislation there. You learn something new every day!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

gp2hbsl wrote:Am I right FK that you do not have your own homepage for GP2 stuff any more...??
The contract with the provider ended and right now I have no webspace. When I have one again, the website will also be online again. I'm glad you like the carset!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Ready for download.

wonderful work =D>
Thank you.
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

Agreed :) =D> Fantastic job you GP2 'modders' are doing.... Isn't GP2 from 1996...?? :shock:

Does the .dat file you have enclosed use the org Le Mans 2008 jams...?? I can't get it to work...