The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Post by jakesanson »

Klon wrote:Yes, the carset is awesome. But, just as an afterthought for upcoming carsets. Could you introduce the Friday drivers of the season (Di Resta, Klien and for one race Fauzy) as spare drivers? I'm really looking forward to throwing Trulli out of Lotus
Amen. Trulli's seat is a wasted drive!!! He needs to quit and do us all a favour.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

well guys i want to make a question and i hope someone to knows the answer.. well i have gp2 in 2 pcs one in xp and one laptop with windows 7..well i want to start a championship with the defautl gp2 drivers .(hill hakkinen etc) well while in xp it is easy to have a back up file with default gp2 in dosbox this is not possible.. i try to import the data from the carset but it did not work ... if anyone knows what i have to do i would be gratefull if he could tell me the solution... =D> :D [-o<
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

You could copy the entire installation of GP2, that would be the easiest way. I also do it that way, I have more than 10 installations on my HD, so I can race in different seasons or other series (including tracks and menupics) with one mouseclick ;)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

A few days ago the new NL² carsets have been send to AAS. All special helmets, and car updates included. 2 seperate sets, so you can run in Monaco mode, and Barcelona mode! :)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

MäxX wrote:You could copy the entire installation of GP2, that would be the easiest way. I also do it that way, I have more than 10 installations on my HD, so I can race in different seasons or other series (including tracks and menupics) with one mouseclick ;)

because i am not familiar with dos box and my brother fix that for me .. could you please be more specific.. what should i copy?
by the way .. thank you for your time and your help :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

You can make startable batchfiles for dosbox, let`s assume you have installed GP2 under C:\Games\Gp2 and additionally, use gp2lap and the DosBox-folder is also placed in your GP2 installation.

The command-line in the Doxbox config-file would be:

c:
cd games
cd gp2
gp2lap.exe

STEP 1:
Create a new directory within GP2 called "seasons". Within this I created the folder 1994_original and moved all files and folders (also the DosBox folder) into it.

The new comand line would be

c:
cd games
cd gp2
cd seasons
cd 1994_original
gp2lap.exe

Now make a shortcut to it and place it wherever you like (Personally I use a folder on the desktop for it)

STEP 2:
Let`s assume you now want to run a patched version with nicer tracks and the great P.Augusto-Lopes, F.K-94er carset.

Copy the entire 1994_original folder and rename it 1994
Patch all things you want (carset, menubackgrounds, shape, tracks, etc.)
Open the Dosbox-config

Alter the command line that it reads:

c:
cd games
cd gp2
cd seasons
cd 1994
gp2lap.exe

Make a shortcut to it.

E voilá, you now have to different versions of GP2 startable with one doubleclick ;)

Repeat STEP 2 (the lines in blue) for every other season you want to have. It sure "wastes" approx. 80MB per season, but due we have pretty big harddisks nowadays that shouldn`t be the problem anymore.

Hope this helps
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

MäxX wrote:You can make startable batchfiles for dosbox, let`s assume you have installed GP2 under C:\Games\Gp2 and additionally, use gp2lap and the DosBox-folder is also placed in your GP2 installation.

The command-line in the Doxbox config-file would be:

c:
cd games
cd gp2
gp2lap.exe

STEP 1:
Create a new directory within GP2 called "seasons". Within this I created the folder 1994_original and moved all files and folders (also the DosBox folder) into it.

The new comand line would be

c:
cd games
cd gp2
cd seasons
cd 1994_original
gp2lap.exe

Now make a shortcut to it and place it wherever you like (Personally I use a folder on the desktop for it)

STEP 2:
Let`s assume you now want to run a patched version with nicer tracks and the great P.Augusto-Lopes, F.K-94er carset.

Copy the entire 1994_original folder and rename it 1994
Patch all things you want (carset, menubackgrounds, shape, tracks, etc.)
Open the Dosbox-config

Alter the command line that it reads:

c:
cd games
cd gp2
cd seasons
cd 1994
gp2lap.exe

Make a shortcut to it.

E voilá, you now have to different versions of GP2 startable with one doubleclick ;)

Repeat STEP 2 (the lines in blue) for every other season you want to have. It sure "wastes" approx. 80MB per season, but due we have pretty big harddisks nowadays that shouldn`t be the problem anymore.

Hope this helps

ooh thank you friend god bless you .. i have manage to fix the problem ... thank you very very very very much \:D/ :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

You`re welcome :)

Happy racing
Breeze
GP2 Newbie

Post by Breeze »

Amazing. I was browsing F1 videos on youtube and somehow stumbled on a GP2 vid, was so surprised to see it is still being modded for the new seasons. And I am not 100% sure, but I think my wheels for GP2 are still being used. I made them 12 years ago I think, 1998? Haha.

To make it more clear, my name is Briz Darzev, I made some 3d wheels and realistic cockpits back then, was a big fan.

Cheers guys
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Code: Select all

I made them 12 years ago I think
12 years old, but still realistic and nice. =D>

Code: Select all

was a big fan
and webmaster of :
Image :wink:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Welcome back :D
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Finally the new Turkey carset is done, and send to Andreas (AAS). It took us some time, because of other things we had to do, or our activities. :)

The carset contains updates on every car, just like they do in real life :x , and new realistic race data. After some tests, laptimes should be better on all tracks, and race results should be more realistic. To all Gp2Fans: Please test this! O:)
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I'll take the blame for this delay, I just had some other more important things, believe it or not.... :wink:

I went to Zandvoort for the Masters of F3, included was a demo of Sebastian Vettel and BossGP races (older F1, CCWS/Indy, GP2, WSbR). 8)

Here are some pics, enjoy:

Sebastian also signed some things for me:

DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

N1ce, seems like you had a good time there :)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

The Europe (Valencia) and GB carset are done. Including Yamamoto for HRT replacing Senna, and a extra HRT file within the *.zip. This is the HRT with the names on the sidepods, instead of the Spanish flag which they drove the race with. :wink:

A lot of updates (as usual) on all the other cars and helmets. Sets are on their way to AAS, so will be online soon!