The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Post by TdK »

The 2 new carset for the Australian and Malaysian GP are send to Andreas, just a minute ago.

The most noticeable updates are: New exhaust for the McLaren, exhausts Mercedes, coolingholes on the Ferrari, new helmet Barrichello, DIAC on Renault, new helmet Buemi, Malaysia flag on the Lotus.

Many small detailed things are done too, but you won't notice them inmediately, therefore you need to take a closer look. 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Great news!

:)

Will make a Vid to the Updated version too, if I have time!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

DEHUMANIZER95 wrote:Will make a Vid to the Updated version too, if I have time!
Maybe you could make the video at the Australia or Malaysia tracks, so it belongs even more to the carsets! :)
DEHUMANIZER95
GP2 Racer

Post by DEHUMANIZER95 »

Ok will do it.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Thanks for posting these videos, I really like them. 8)

Also thanks for putting the set online so quickly, Andreas! =D>

Please place your comments below here, if you have ideas for improvements or just to say thank you or tell us about an error we've made.
Everything is welcome. :wink:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

How do you make those videos, AAS?? Obviously I know you're using GP2Video, but how do you make them fit for YouTube???
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

When you load the new exported pics into the first released carset you can see the biggest changes AND that almost every car has been updated. You guys did an amazing job =D>
dossantos
GP2 Newbie

Post by dossantos »

Very good carset, found it very realistic ...

Maybe one day my carsets leaving the IRL as realistic as yours.

Great job. \:D/
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

The China carset has been send to Andreas, available soon on: http://www.grandprix2.de/!

Most noticeable changes:

McLaren: Asymmetrical exhaust pipes.

Mercedes: Bigger "Autonomy" advert, and white line surrounding the "Petronas" logo on the nose. Old exhaust pipes.

Red Bull: New advert on nose-cone.

Ferrari: No cooling holes/sleeves infront of the exhausts, and some small changes.

Williams: "Green Flag" ad to the center of the nose, and some small things.

Renault: The Polish flag in memory of the Polish president and the other people who died at the plane crash, and a bug fix on the left airbox side... :oops:

Force India: "Signature" logo on the sidepods, "UB Group" on the nose, and better "Royal Challange" on Airbox.

Toro Rosso: Back to the old exhaust pipes.

Lotus: "Naza" and "Tune Group" switched places.

HRT: "Fcaca" sponsor on headrest/airbox.

Sauber: New barge-board and F-duct.

Virgin: New overall, and some minor changes.

BUT: The most important, the new data! The performance data of a driver is now calculated by his fastest qualifying time, and his average race lap. In the first 3 carsets i used the fastest race lap to calculate with.

But that didn't give good results. Now with new "average lap time" it gives much more realistic results! :)

Enjoy all you Gp2 fans!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

well i have download it immediately and i start a championship with fellipe massa \:D/
my first impresions is tha the carset is very close to the reality ...as far as ferrari is concerned it looks a bit slower where on the contrary mclaren is a lot faster .. red bull looks the same to me .. this is my experience after i played it for a while .. i would like very much to hear other opinions on the subject :-k
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I just need to say that I love this carset. The Virgin and the Lotus look so beautiful :-)
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

roland ratzenberger wrote:well i have download it immediately and i start a championship with fellipe massa \:D/
my first impresions is tha the carset is very close to the reality ...as far as ferrari is concerned it looks a bit slower where on the contrary mclaren is a lot faster .. red bull looks the same to me .. this is my experience after i played it for a while .. i would like very much to hear other opinions on the subject :-k
The race data is based on lap times, with an eye on the current point rankings. So if Ferrari will be better in the upcoming races, and score more points, they will be faster in the set too. McLaren are the best team now, and are leading the championship, so it will make no sense to make them slower than Ferrari. The Red Bull are the fastest cars, but they are more unreliable/more variable. :wink:
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Great stuff and more realistic performance ist also nice ;)

=D>
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

Yes, the carset is awesome. But, just as an afterthought for upcoming carsets. Could you introduce the Friday drivers of the season (Di Resta, Klien and for one race Fauzy) as spare drivers? I'm really looking forward to throwing Trulli out of Lotus