The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: The NL² 2010 Carset Topic

Post by roland ratzenberger »

well guys.. i would like to make a request and i am sure that many of us we would like the idea of this .. if it is possible i would like to ask if it is possible to have a superleague formula carset.. i know guys you are quite busy right now .. but i would be very happy to know if you like my suggestion and if you have any purpose to fullfill this request .. sorry again if i interupt ... i hope you like my idea ... keep up with the good work guys.. we love it =D> :D
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I've thought about this meself but with only 18 cars (and I think it's been down to 16 at some races) it would be difficult to make it work for GP2 with it needing at least 26. However, how about a twist on the fans carset where we have our own GP2 fans Superleague?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I can guess how Tim feels about it and I know how I feel about it, we only make the current F1 sets.
On the feedback page of grandprix2.de, I saw lots more requests, but it's just not going to happen, sorry.
Please don't forget, Tim works on the tracks as well sometimes and I'm sometimes too busy to get this carset updated within reasonable time. O:)

When I see these requests, I always think, why don't you give it a go yourself? :wink:
I started out making cars by cutting and pasting the best parts from every available carset, until I liked the result.
Later I started to draw things to make the cars up-to-date and I'm still no pro at this, Tim smoothens my work, because I tend to leave it a bit rough. :-$
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Finally I havent got problems with GP2 edit many thanks to AAS for the help \:D/

The NL mods are the best but I have one suggestion for it :arrow:

:!: Could you please someday add arms to the steering wheel :?: :!:

I had seen many mods have arms and if you make arms will be absolutely great 8)

Greetings,
Georgi
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Don't know about adding the gloves, you're the first that asks about it. :-k

There are several different gloves in use: Alpinestars, PUMA, OMP and Sparco.
So you'd have to pick one or make a generic, than you'll have to decide which of the cockpit colours you're going to use.
Ferrari uses white gloves, but all cockpitcolours are red.
McLaren uses black gloves, but all cockpitcolours are silver.
So it will look nothing like the reality, that's the most important reason, not to add it to the cockpit, in my opinion.
Maybe Tim can add his view on this as well. O:)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

DJS wrote:Don't know about adding the gloves, you're the first that asks about it. :-k

So you'd have to pick one or make a generic, than you'll have to decide which of the cockpit colours you're going to use.
So it will look nothing like the reality, that's the most important reason, not to add it to the cockpit, in my opinion.
Ok we will wait Tim :wink: I cant paint so I must wait for ready cockpit with arms :)
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Why don't you take a look here: http://grandprix2.de/cockpits/cpit_start.htm? There are a lot of different cockpits available, I'm sure you will find one that fits your with your request.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

V12-Power wrote:Why don't you take a look here: http://grandprix2.de/cockpits/cpit_start.htm? There are a lot of different cockpits available, I'm sure you will find one that fits your with your request.
I had looked it many times but they're for 1960-2004 years :-k
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

RacerBG wrote:
DJS wrote:Don't know about adding the gloves, you're the first that asks about it. :-k

Ok we will wait Tim :wink: I cant paint so I must wait for ready cockpit with arms :)
I never understood why people want arms on the screen? You've got your own pair, right? Not to offend you, but i think it doesn't make sense, and just like David says, there are to many brands and colors to work with.

Anyone who feels free to add arms/gloves, fine by me, but for the NL² carset, i don't think it adds something to it... :|
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

RacerBG wrote:
V12-Power wrote:Why don't you take a look here: http://grandprix2.de/cockpits/cpit_start.htm? There are a lot of different cockpits available, I'm sure you will find one that fits your with your request.
I had looked it many times but they're for 1960-2004 years :-k
There is also a 2010er cockpit avalaible there ;) You can take the arms from another cockpit and fit them into it, should do ;)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Guys thank you very much for help now I have cockpit with arms \:D/
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Have fun with it =D>

Do you mind posting a screenshot? :)
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

MäxX wrote:Have fun with it =D>

Do you mind posting a screenshot? :)
No problems :arrow:

And sorry for the resolution because thus picture is from DOSBOX 8)
Attachments
GP2 cockpit.jpg
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

By the way when NL will release their new carset for Hungary :?:
Life Racing Engines
GP2 Newbie

Post by Life Racing Engines »

These carsets are very well made =D>. But I have to ask a stupid question. How can I get the rear wing numbers (McLaren, Mercedes GP and now even BMW Sauber) work properly? I assume it's done at Edit - Car Number Positions but after making some changes there that I thought should work Jenson Button still had number 2 on his right side.