WORLD RALLYING CARSET

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

WORLD RALLYING CARSET

Post by jakesanson »

Is anybody considering making a world rally championship carset? As many manufacturers as possible, from mid 1990s onwards?

We need to see some Subarus, and Mitsubishis, and Toyota Corollas, etc, etc.

Would anybody like to take up this challenge? Then of course we could also use these world rally cars as touring cars in new championships.

(At least that's what I'd use them for because I like seeing as many manufacturers as possible in touring car races.)

Oh and also are there any plans for BTCC carsets from 1991 onwards?? Greyhead, your thoughts????
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: WORLD RALLYING CARSET

Post by Greyhead »

Well I plan to do a carset from the 1995 BTCC season after I've finished the V8 Supercars one but no plans beyond that. I wouldn't rule out some other Super Touring ones though.

Funny you should mention about rally cars as I was planning on doing a McRae-era Subaru as a spare car to fill up any gaps in my WTCC carsets before I settled on doing a re-liveried Vauxhall Vectra.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I'm not picking it up, that's for sure.... :wink:

Got my hands full with the 2009 F1 season. O:)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I would do this one myself but I'm terrible at front and rear ends. Every touring car side is pretty much same-o same-o (except for the Ford Focus of course) but for the love of me, I can't find a decent way to make front and rear headlights and grills and plates and stuff.

Where do I get programmes that enable me to do this more efficiently? I know I've asked a million times but I keep losing the names of them. I have got a Pixresizer program which may help, but I'm fed up of having just a Ssangyong WZ Sedan as my only successful piece of touring car work.
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Have you got Paint.NET?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

jakesanson wrote:Where do I get programmes that enable me to do this more efficiently?
First you need practicse and patience. If you don't have that, no program in the world will help you!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

i think i have paint already, but it always ends up going wrong....

jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

OK. I now have Paint.Net and I am getting some success with it. It is very confusing when you don't know anything about the program, so I'm trying my very best!!!!

I am constructing a carset which features new touring cars for anybody to use if they like them, and of course people may edit and update things if they wish. But like Greyhead I like my touring cars, so until he finishes his BTCC 1995 carset (can't wait dude!!!) I'm working on this for now.

I currently have completed two new cars: a Citroen C4 in WTCC trim and 2007 WRC livery, and a Lincoln LS Sport which is based on the Lincoln Grand Prix car built by Alejandro Lucardi back in 2000 (yes, I like to give people credit where it's due!).

I am working on a Subaru Impreza, a Mitsubishi Evo VIII, a Hyundai Accent, a Skoda Fabia and others. Are there any suggestions people may like to see made? If so, I'll get right on it.

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

How about some of the classic machines? I think the hatchback touring car shape would lend itself well to the Lancia Delta. I know it's not particularly current but it'd be great to see. In fact I might have a go meself!

Jake, persevere with Paint.Net. It's hard work to get your head around at first, but there's a huge forum on there with a lot of tips and stuff, and just have a play around with it. It took me a while to work everything out but it's a very powerful bit of kit, especially as it's free.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Greyhead wrote:How about some of the classic machines? I think the hatchback touring car shape would lend itself well to the Lancia Delta. I know it's not particularly current but it'd be great to see.
The Peugeot 205 T16 will fit to an hatchback too! Just like the Metro 6R4. For the sedan shape, Audi Quattro, Lancia 037, Lancia Stratos, Ford RS200... :) Just giving some advice... :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Greyhead wrote:How about some of the classic machines? I think the hatchback touring car shape would lend itself well to the Lancia Delta. I know it's not particularly current but it'd be great to see.
The Peugeot 205 T16 will fit to a hatchback shape to! Just like the Metro 6R4. For the sedan shape, Audi Quattro, Lancia 037, Lancia Stratos, Ford RS200... :) Just giving some advice... :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm quite a touring car nut, so most of these cars I'm building will be touring car spec. Just so you know. However, rally cars in GP2 would look ace!