GP2 Newbie

Re: 2008 IndyCar carset

Post by JFZ »

=D> WAOUW Very very good work, congratulations and thank you ! =D>
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

WOW!!! This is fantastic work! Absolutely stuuning, mate!! Nice one!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Folks, the IndyCar 2008 carset is absolutely PERFECT !

I love it!

But I have an suggest about the Dallara IR4 car shape.

To change the XCode Scale values of the p4, p23, p198 and p217 points of the file, from 16 to 0 (zero).

Taking a look at the car shape installed on GP2, we can see a more large nose than the real, changing these values to zero the nose looking more sharpie and giving a real impression about the car.

I made these changes at the car shape file on my PC and I think the result were good.

And all the rest of that carset is amazing, all the 2008 cars, this is much more than I expected before !

THANK YOU DAN ! =D>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I love the Indiana Jones car and the Wii Fit car. Brilliant work!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Stop it, you'll give me a swelled head! I am quite proud of the Indiana Jones car though, the bloody thing took me about six hours!
Antonio Pessoa wrote: But I have an suggest about the Dallara IR4 car shape.

To change the XCode Scale values of the p4, p23, p198 and p217 points of the file, from 16 to 0 (zero).

Taking a look at the car shape installed on GP2, we can see a more large nose than the real, changing these values to zero the nose looking more sharpie and giving a real impression about the car.

I made these changes at the car shape file on my PC and I think the result were good.
I did try this myself at an early stage but decided it would affect the bitmap a bit too much, however I guess it's just a personal preference. Certainly it does make the shape look a bit more realistic.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

From the way the cars are painted, the carset remembers me a lot at the James Buster F1-carsets, but with better quality!

Overall it must have been loads of work to create so many different versions of the cars, respect for that! It's a really nice set, or better they are really nice sets. ;-)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project