2008 IndyCar carset

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
Greyhead
GP2 Star

2008 IndyCar carset

Post by Greyhead »

Hey everyone, after a rest from car painting (of about a week) I've got started on a new carset. There's a hint in the subject! Anyway, here's the first fruits of my labours:
Attachments
AJ Foyt's Dallara IndyCar
AJ Foyt's Dallara IndyCar
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: 2008 IndyCar carset

Post by HF »

Looks great! Did you also made the tyres?
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Blimey, that was a quick reply Henning? No the tyres are Pat Painter's 1997 McLaren wheels. I've done the car shape though.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

The rear spoiler looks graet btw :wink:
I don't know the series well but the car looks realistic to me...
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Thanks! The shape isn't entirely accurate but I didn't want to distort it too much, basically I've just changed the rear wing, moved the sidepods forward and lowered the nose.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Dan, you've done a great thing here, the carshape looks goodenough to me. =D>
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Thanks mate. Got a few more cars done now, this carset should be done a lot quicker than the WTCC ones but I'll probably not release it till the end of the season.
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Greyhead wrote:Hey everyone, after a rest from car painting (of about a week) I've got started on a new carset. There's a hint in the subject! Anyway, here's the first fruits of my labours:
You have very nice fruits in your labours. :lol:
I like the car! The painting and the shape. Image
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The shape is awesome =D>
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Hmm, to be honestthe carshape doesn't completely look like an IndyCar yet, for me.

It's mainly because the nose seems too short to me and also the shape of it.

And also the characteristic airbox is missing, but as you said, this would probably not possible without doing bigger "harm" to the bitmap... :?

Will you make a version with oval aero config and one for more downforce? (carshape 1/2)
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I'm currently only planning on doing the road-course aero, the teams have to use these wings on several ovals anyway, plus I'd have to re-draw some of the bitmaps for the different wings. It's not a bad idea though, so it may happen! Currently I've got the Panoz as carshape 2 (I know no teams used it this season but it will allow me to to past carsets).
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Justin Wilson's Newman/Haas/Lanigan car. I've changed the area around the cockpit on the bitmap, it makes the nose look a little longer.
Attachments
Wilson.JPG
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

It looks very good, Dan. =D>
Only the numbers on the rearwing could be a little bigger compared to the real thing.

Edit: Dan, could you send me the carshape you've made? I want to try some things on it. :wink:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Could it be that today's helmets are smaller than the ones that were up-to-date in the mid-90s?

I got some Minichamps model cars and the ones from the older seasons have bigger helmets, than the ones from 98,99, etc.

It would be possible because of new materials and would make sense because of weight reasons...

--> To come to the point, the helmet on the screenshot looks bigger in relation to the car, than the one on the photo.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:--> To come to the point, the helmet on the screenshot looks bigger in relation to the car, than the one on the photo.
The question is: is it possible do size him right via the helmet's shape?
- . -