2008 cars and set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
DJS
GP2 Racer

2008 cars and set

Post by DJS »

Tomorrow is the first launch:

I'll start working on it as soon as I have pictures of the whole car. :lol:
And when it's finished, you can download it and put it in the "test" carset.

There might be some news regarding the (full) carsets, but since it's not completely certain, I'm not giving any comments about it. O:)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Re: 2008 cars and set

Post by HF »

If I can remember right. you had a project with a F1-team in 2007. Is it still alive? :mrgreen:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

The Ferrari airbox looks more like a McLaren (or a BMW)! But McLaren had information about Ferrari, right! :wink: :lol:
DJS wrote:There might be some news regarding the (full) carsets, but since it's not completely certain, I'm not giving any comments about it. O:)
:-"
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Looks shorter than the airbox on last year's car... seems to coincide a little with some sketches I've seen on another forum, which are supposedly off the autosport.com forum, where I didn't find them though...

Let's see what the actual car looks like... it's always nice to have this kind of excitement at the beginning of the year, isn't it? :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

HF wrote:If I can remember right. you had a project with a F1-team in 2007. Is it still alive? :mrgreen:
That was a long time ago..... :oops:

I've finished that car just yet because you asked about it and here it is:

I've asked Renault for more pictures and they've sent me more pictures in high res.
I have access to the media part of the Renault F1 website and that helped me getting them.

I'll release the car properly in short time.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

DJS wrote:
HF wrote:If I can remember right. you had a project with a F1-team in 2007. Is it still alive? :mrgreen:
That was a long time ago..... :oops:

I've finished that car just yet because you asked about it and here it is:

I've asked Renault for more pictures and they've sent me more pictures in high res.
I have access to the media part of the Renault F1 website and that helped me getting them.

I'll release the car properly in short time.
Oh, looks damn cool! I started this car, long time ago too. But myone was never erver so well as yours! I think I gonna use it when I need another spare team, okay?

EDIT: Can you publish some of the picts or send them to me?
- . -
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I don't like the nose of the car. This part i to flat for me...
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

This is how it looks:

The nose is lifted upwards, and the front-wing is more Renault/Williams style. And the airbox is more oval shaped. The side-pod has had a re-shape, but that's it!

But what to change on a winning car :-k
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

If you look at the wing from the front, it looks a bit like the solution Toyota used last season early on... otherwise it seems to be an evolution, but like in past years, many details could still change until the first race. :wink:

Now bring on the McLaren... :wink:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I'd link to McLaren pictures now, but what I've seen so far is not really well-photographed... the nose seems significantly higher to me, and of course many of the details will still be subject to change until Melbourne...

By the way, Heikki Kovalainen gets his helmets designed from the same guys who do his other Finnish colleague's ones... I think that could be a little bit more obvious this year... :wink: Looks like for the first three races, we'll have to listen to certain commentators still whining about how "it almost looks like Alonso is still driving the car"... :roll:
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

1st: Why is BE there :shock: ? What does he want? Show that he feels sorry for them (seson 2007: spygate...)?

2nd: What does the flue under teh Santaneder-ad effect?

3rd: The airbox and the sideboxes seem to be smaler. But the rad-pitch could effect this feeling.

I don't like this "23" on the car :wink:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Well, numbers are just that... they did win quite some races in 1990 when Senna and Berger had #27 and #28...
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

The thing under the Santander advert may be one of those bits that teams put on the car to make sure it conforms to the dimensions laid out in the rules. Or perhaps it's a tidier version of those viking-horn things that the team used to use.
As for Bernie, is he there to ensure the launch is conducted fairly with no bias towards Hamilton? :D
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That part should probably help to direct air to this part of the car on the engine cover. Maybe in a similar function to the horns, but I don't know the details, of course.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Of course we don't know some details :wink: If WE would, what would be with the other teams? (SPYING!!!! :mrgreen: )
- . -