2008 cars and set

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: 2008 cars and set

Post by TdK »

A new development in F1. The Sharkfin:

DJS and me decided to have a go with it for Gp2. DJS came up with a carshape:

I worked on the bitmap, and after a while i came this far on the McLaren: (Only take a look at the left airbox side)

As you can see, it's all a bit disturbed, but looks nice (in some sort of way). But this is
only the McLaren. Now take a look at the Williams and Renault:

The RBS and ING decals are not our worries. They are at the "Powered by Toyota", and
"Renault-ELF" decals. They are disturbed in a way we will never get it right...

Sadly this is something that can't be done (at the moment) with the quality we want, and
more important, we want to give to you. So, that's why we decided not to continue with this
shape. At least we've tried... :|
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Your effort is truly amazeing, too bad GP2 doesn`t give you the room you need :(
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The cars look better without that sharkfin anyway... but I agree with MäxX, to bad GP2 sets so many limits.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's limited technology to work with, to say the least, but it was a great idea from you guys to test it. Also, with the aero rules changing, we might not see these things after the current season. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I really wanted it to work with the sharkfin, but it is what it is.
It's too complex for good old Gp2. [-(

Just wanted to let you know that the last carset (Germany) had some good updates, but that it still isn't perfect. :lol:
So therefor there will be another update for Hungary (besides the work on the 2000 carset). :-$
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Personally I'm glad the sharkfin doesn't work in GP2, cos I hate it in real life! I really hope it's banned, it's such an ugly device.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Greyhead wrote:Personally I'm glad the sharkfin doesn't work in GP2, cos I hate it in real life! I really hope it's banned, it's such an ugly device.
It may not look well like the horns on the nose of the Hondas but I think it's necessary for a better grip of the cars. therefore it's good to have them in the F1. The cars may not look awesome, they need to be fast :wink:
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Maybe so but if the cars don't look good, then the casual fans are not going to bother watching them. And of course, like any aero device, it makes it more difficult to overtake because it increases the effect of the rear wing. So hopefully when all the flick-ups and winglets and stuff are banned, so will the shark fins. Then we can get back to a purer, better-looking shape which helps overtaking too.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

The new carset is almost finished. \:D/
Watch out for all the updates! :-"
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'll continue here now...

Hmm, I think you further optimized the interplay between bitmap and carshape. But I wouldn't call these updates drastic, as they are only in detail. I would be glad if I could reach this quality with the LMS carset someday.

I personally would change point 1 and 57 of the carshape in the X-coordinates (maybe to 16). On the bitmap the airboxes look realistic, but in the game they all look the same.

Good job again, boys!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Maybe it's drastic to me, because I work with the cars on a daily base. :-k

But it was not just making them work with the carshape :oops: , also all cockpits had an overhaul (again). :wink:
Anyway, if you compare the last carset with the first, that's a pretty drastic differnce. O:)

For the Valencia carset, it's just making the things the teams have put on the cars and I think that will be the case for the rest of the season as well.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

After seeing pictures from the Monza test, that carset will be very different from all other sets.
So it's not just keeping the cars up-to-date, there will be a brandnew carset just for Monza. ](*,)
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

DJS wrote:there will be a brandnew carset just for Monza. ](*,)
Do we really need to?? :(

:wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

TdK wrote:
DJS wrote:there will be a brandnew carset just for Monza. ](*,)
Do we really need to?? :(
:wink:

YEP! ;)
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

What will be the changes? A lower rear wing and following this updates on the bitmap?