New tracks for GP2 - Antonio Pessoa

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: New tracks for GP2 - Antonio Pessoa

Post by MaxX »

Awesome to have some new releaes in 2023, thank you very much, Antonio.

Seems that I will have to take a F1 23 break and give them a try this weekend :D

*keepsfingercrossedforInterlagos*
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Many, many thanks!

I enjoyed the previous version of the never built Korean track, so I'm curious to compare!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Hey, one more alt-track for GP2. Probably much of the guys could remember that circuit:

:arrow: JOHOR, Malaysia
Johor_Malaysia_1998.zip
(514.65 KiB) Downloaded 344 times

Do you think Malaysia always was made of Sepang or Shah Alam? Negative, another interesting circuit had existed, near the border with Singapore. A shame the circuit was closed few time ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Very soon...
LeMansBugattiGP2_0005.PNG
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

An improved GP2 track with the current track layout, and a conversion from GP3. Let's talk about...

:arrow: LE MANS BUGATTI, France
Le Mans Bugatti_France_.zip
(309.67 KiB) Downloaded 350 times

Indeed, a third (3.0) version of Le Mans Bugatti, considering my primitive first version in 2001, before the 2000s track layout changes on the real circuit, and the second version made by T.Kost in 2009, when two turns were reprofiled few years before (Dunlop downhill/Chapelle and Musée). Now we have the layout from the last 15 years, with two sectors reprofiled (Dunlop chicane breaking zone and Garage Vert). And an idea for the return of F-1 French GP someday...

Alongside Le Mans Bugatti, below we have...

:arrow: POZNAN, Poland
Poznan_Poland_.zip
(624.42 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

One of the best Eastern European racing circuits, mostly unknown, or not easily remembered. A fun circuit to drive. Converted from GP3.

Have fun!
GP2 TrackMaker
granitorenato
GP2 Newbie

Post by granitorenato »

There are good GP3 tracks that would be interesting for converting to GP2
Jeddha F1 2022
Velocitta
Potenza
Codeguá
Rivera
Termas do Rio Hondo
Cidade do México F1 2022

Still others beta version:
Velopark
Miami F1 2022
Potrero de los Funes

Here's the idea for future conversions

very good conversion work, the tracks turned out great
granitorenato
GP2 Newbie

Post by granitorenato »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:
19.08.2023, 20:16
An improved GP2 track with the current track layout, and a conversion from GP3. Let's talk about...

:arrow: LE MANS BUGATTI, France
Le Mans Bugatti_France_.zip

Indeed, a third (3.0) version of Le Mans Bugatti, considering my primitive first version in 2001, before the 2000s track layout changes on the real circuit, and the second version made by T.Kost in 2009, when two turns were reprofiled few years before (Dunlop downhill/Chapelle and Musée). Now we have the layout from the last 15 years, with two sectors reprofiled (Dunlop chicane breaking zone and Garage Vert). And an idea for the return of F-1 French GP someday...

Alongside Le Mans Bugatti, below we have...

:arrow: POZNAN, Poland
Poznan_Poland_.zip

One of the best Eastern European racing circuits, mostly unknown, or not easily remembered. A fun circuit to drive. Converted from GP3.

Have fun!

Kubica win in Poland is very special
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

granitorenato wrote:
20.08.2023, 03:12
There are good GP3 tracks that would be interesting for converting to GP2
Jeddha F1 2022
Velocitta
Potenza
Codeguá
Rivera
Termas do Rio Hondo
Cidade do México F1 2022

Still others beta version:
Velopark
Miami F1 2022
Potrero de los Funes

Here's the idea for future conversions

very good conversion work, the tracks turned out great
Velocittà and Termas de Río Hondo would be in my "list" for future conversions. But I guess I'll take a break of few years in track editing in a couple of weeks. Perhaps two or three more tracks currently started here, could be finished soon. And after, the break. The tracks are Japanese, German and British, one each.

Mexico City 2015 and Velopark was started by T.Kost few years ago. I don't know if he would be able to finish it. Potrero de los Funes was started by rremedio in the late 2000s. It's just lacking a complete scenery, not easy neither fast to complete considering the geografical features of that area (mountains, lake, houses, hills, etc).
GP2 TrackMaker
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

Tor Poznan. Of all the modern tracks the least probable I´d have expected for GP2. Thanks for making it! =D> I didn´t know it was considered a great track, so I´m sure I´ll make a couple of races there \:D/
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

eky78 wrote:
20.08.2023, 08:45
Tor Poznan. Of all the modern tracks the least probable I´d have expected for GP2. Thanks for making it! =D> I didn´t know it was considered a great track, so I´m sure I´ll make a couple of races there \:D/
Tor Poznan was called, by someone in sometime I can't remember exacly who and when, as the "mini Road America of Eastern Europe". I agree, it's fair!
GP2 TrackMaker
Michael82
GP2 Racer

Post by Michael82 »

=D> =D> =D>
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Hey, now it's time for...

:arrow: SENDAI, Japan
Sendai_Japan_2000.zip
(793.92 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

A circuit which existed from 1986 to 2014, a modern mid-1980s venue. Not a fast circuit, but fun to drive on the uphills and downhills with several types or corners. A very "selective" circuit.
GP2 TrackMaker
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

More than just being thankful (and note that I've download new Bugatti and Poznan from Roberto's new site already), I'm startled - I had never heard of Pozan and Sendai tracks!! Can't wait to try them all (I've played in former Bugatti track so I'll want to compare) =D> =D>
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

GP2 was missing a good full-GP circuit layout of Lausitzring.
Sergio Leonardi's one is very poor in scenery and the layout isn't accurate, and T.Kost made an excellent short Sprint layout of Lausitzring in 2009.
Well, now we have a good full GP circuit of Lausitz, using T.Kost's 2009 short track as base:

:arrow: LAUSITZRING (GP circuit), Germany
Lausitzring (GP Circuit)_Germany.zip
(990.43 KiB) Downloaded 321 times

IF I get time and motivation to made some new track, it would be Thruxton my next one, because W.Jenks version is just basic for 1998/1999 GP2, but lacking that quality level we got since the mid 2000s.
However, I don't know if I would be able to make (or revamp) GP2 tracks in the next weeks. If I can't do new tracks soon, these works from the last month and a half was a great contribution for GP2 community this year, and probably I'll be back someday.

Have fun, guys, and keep the good work on carsets, tracks, playing seasons, etc. I love to see all it
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Well, a last one track for this month, because it was so simple (and fast) to make, in a short space of time (and efforts):

:arrow: PÄRNU RING (a.k.a. Sauga) 1992, Estonia
Parnu Ring (Sauga)_Estonia_1992.zip
(695.93 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

This track was made of two long road sections (one of them cutted by a chicane on the middle), and a permanent sector of turns after the first turn. It was used from 1989 to 2000, before Pärnu Ring became a much shorter and permanent venue in 2001, and again modernised in 2012 as the current Andru Ring, with a different track layout, using some parts of the former 1989 circuit (mainly the permanent sector).

I don't know if Thruxton will follow, because it's a circuit which deserves some quality and realism, and I can't do it from a day to another, in few hours during a night. Probably it will demand something like hours every day during a mid-week, and I can't see this possibility soon. Conversely, all these last works has been a great contribution for GP2 this year. Maybe in the future I can return with some more track (or tracks).
GP2 TrackMaker