Re: New tracks for GP2 - Antonio Pessoa

Post by Aerond »

Brilliant Antonio! Thank you so much!
eky78
GP2 Gamer

Post by eky78 »

WOW WOW WOW

Great way to start the weekend :D Now I know what I´ll do on holiday if the weather continues to be so bad here in Central Europe

Thank you so much for these beatiful tracks! \:D/
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

Many, many thanks for these developments!

As no one replied to Roland's question about a 2023 Carset, I'm currently developing my own version. As always, as I'm no designer, it's not a real proper carset. I'll pick up 2022 cars, adjust helmets, take a helmet from the past that I see fit to Logan Sargeant (any f2 helmet of him?... I've not checked), and apply grip values that reflect the season as it is going now. Which means McLaren will be improved relatively to early season :)

I'll include my personal track selection, so that someone can just download and install gamejams and circuits folders. I'll definitely include TdK's Zandvoort and your Silverstone 2020 version, marvelous work!

Cheers!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

you most certainly are a track making machine!

Any chance you could do some of the older tracks? Like F1 Las Vegas from the early 80s?
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
31.07.2023, 19:04
you most certainly are a track making machine!

Any chance you could do some of the older tracks? Like F1 Las Vegas from the early 80s?
lol,thanks!

About Las Vegas F1 early-1980s, there is a version for GP2, made by Augusto Dewey and Malcolm Mitchell in the late-1990s. It's a good version, I think. Here is: http://grandprix2.de/Strecke2/USA/vegas11_ad.zip
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

Antonio Pessoa wrote:
31.07.2023, 19:40
About Las Vegas F1 early-1980s, there is a version for GP2, made by Augusto Dewey and Malcolm Mitchell in the late-1990s. It's a good version, I think. Here is: http://grandprix2.de/Strecke2/USA/vegas11_ad.zip
I tried that one... the CC line is really bad, especially in the fast corners near the end of the lap. I could not race with the CC line that bad because I just flew by the opponents. I tried fixing it but I could only make it worse.

We made the Las Vegas Indycar version for icr2 though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3sPGZb2Xtc
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

I tried that Las Vegas version ad I felt the same that samsepi0l. But I think I know what the problem is. It's not a problem, it's designed that way.

The point is that all the CC-cars in that Las Vegas version are racing like they were Nelson Piquet or Carlos Reutemann, the title contenders, in that very 1981 race.

If the GP2 player plays it aiming to reach Alan Jones level, the CC-cars will look too slow. But it's realistic :D :D :D

Allow me to renew my request. http://grandprix2.de/gp2forum/viewtopic ... 384#p37384 Suzuka could use a great new revamped track (and I suppose Interlagos and Hermanos Rodríguez too...)
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Realizing the opinions expressed here, and after a test on Las Vegas Caesars Palace 1981-82 track, I think any improvement of cc-cars pace it's a matter of a new cc-line someday, maybe. The Las Vegas scenery is great, considering the concept of those years in trackediting (late 1990s to early 2000s). A new cc-line could let the cc-cars faster some tenths of second per lap. The cc-line could be improved in some turns, otherwise, in the remaining it's ok. I tested using a 1982 F-2 carset, with medium power, and I got stuck in 8th for some laps, I got reach as high as 6th, laps later. And I was overtaked by the 7th in the first corner few time later! I think only a new cc-line could improve some tenths of second for cc-cars, and probably I would be stuck in 15th, overtaked by the 16th lol :mrgreen:

About Suzuka and Mexico City: Suzuka has a great 1996 version by John Edwards. And was missing an update on those 2019 F1 pack. Mexico City 2015 was started by T.Kost years ago, but was not finished until now.

Soon, more two new GP2 tracks. A GP3-converted circuit in Spain, and an improved Asian fictional track (actually a F-1 project)
GP2 TrackMaker
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

If I was good with CC lines I would just fix it myself, but I suck at AI lines in Gp2. Only Icr2 am I good at it. I am making long beach 1991 now. https://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1491
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

"About Suzuka and Mexico City: Suzuka has a great 1996 version by John Edwards. And was missing an update on those 2019 F1 pack."

Very well, I'll check again the John Edwards version...
...and I'll keep a very close eye on the upcoming tracks!
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

ismaelgp2 wrote:
01.08.2023, 20:46
"About Suzuka and Mexico City: Suzuka has a great 1996 version by John Edwards. And was missing an update on those 2019 F1 pack."
I just used this 1996 suzuka in my 1990 season I recreated, which Senna just beat Prost for the championship.

There are many vanilla gp2 tracks that need to be redone, I'm surprised you guys concentrate on so many various tracks but we have so many original tracks that need love too. With how quickly you pump them out with such great quality why not redo some of those? Michael82 has done some but there are many still to go. I know in the icr2 community we have been working on everything from 1980 to 2000.
ismaelgp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by ismaelgp2 »

I've just checked my notes on John Edwards Suzuka track and give it a brief go.

Well, I'm not checking the "why", because this is all "pro bono" and I don't understand anything about track editing.
(About "pro bono", someone said something about Remédio's site expenses and I agree some donations could at least by symbolically positive, same with tracks.)

My main point is that the long Dunlop left corner is flat-out. Turn 1 was greatly improved, yes, but when I look to Antônio Pessoa's Montreal 2019 version I can see a massive improved realism in the track layout that the Suzuka Edwards version still lacks... you guys have set the quality standard very high over the years!!! =D> :D
samsepi0l
GP2 Racer

Post by samsepi0l »

yes the 2019 Montreal is magnificent, would it be easy to mod the 2019 version into a early 90s version?
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

samsepi0l wrote:
02.08.2023, 17:39
yes the 2019 Montreal is magnificent, would it be easy to mod the 2019 version into a early 90s version?
Not exactly easy, because a complete new cc-line would be needed, and set a new track layout before it. The reason is because the early-1990s Montreal had a different track layout in two different sectors: 1) the flat-out Esses in the mid of the current long straight (esses removed in 1996); 2) the hairpin was placed some meters left away from the current point (it was redesigned in 2002). The original Microprose's Montreal track has inaccuracies in the first esse (current turns 3 and 4), which anyone can make it flat-out. This was corrected in 2002 P.Josephson and H.Viglione CART version, which I improved in early 2020 to create the 2019 F1 version, just making changes in the scenery and textures.
GP2 TrackMaker
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

Well, it's ready to release here two new GP2 tracks. Indeed, the first one is just a GP3-conversion, applying a GP2 scenery on it. The last one, an improvement from a previous work. Let's go.

:arrow: ALBACETE, Spain
Albacete_Spain_1992.zip
(679.77 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

Above, an almost-forgotten circuit in Spain's countryside, which even the F-3000 visited in 1992.
And another track is being released right now, an improved previous GP2 track, featuring a more accurated track layout, new cc-line, new textures in grass, tarmac, horizon, adverts, etc

:arrow: SEPOONG version 2.0, South Korea
Sepoong_v2_South Korea_1999.zip
(833.77 KiB) Downloaded 356 times

From the mid-to-late 1990s, Sepoong for GP2 is a fictional track, because it never been completed as a permanent racing circuit, but just had the construction works, and a plan to be in the 1998 or 1999 Formula One calendar. Late 1997 Asian crisis was the death-sentence to the circuit.
GP2 TrackMaker