GP2 Season Patcher (GP2SP)

Post by rremedio »

Here is the first alpha/beta for GP2SP.

Download

====
seasonpatcher.png
seasonpatcher.png (12.29 KiB) Viewed 10598 times
Installation:

Extract the GP2SP folder inside your GP2 folder. This is mandatory. The GP2SP folder must be inside the GP2 folder and it must be called GP2SP.
After the extraction you can run GP2SP by double clicking GP2SeasonPatcher.exe inside your GP2SP folder.

GP2LAP IS REQUIRED!!!

What it does is managing folders and exporting data to GP2.exe and GP2Lap.cfg so you can install Magic Data for all tracks, physics and a few other patches (Acceleration patch, pit stop time, disable refuel, change tyre data and multiplayer fix) in one click.

It can also help you building season packages but this is very limited now and it will be expanded in the future.

So if you want a Season Package you need to do a lot of stuff manually.

To create a package you need to create a copy of the "Original" package that comes with GP2SP, replace the tracks, magic data and physics files with the files you want and edit season.ini in the Settings folder and tracks.ini in the Settings/Tracksets folder. Changing values in GP2SP UI will edit those files for you.

The main folder must have a name with 8 or less characters, the track file names (excluding the .dat extension) too.

You can have many .ini files in the Settings and Tracksets folders if you want so you can have different settings and calendars in the same package.

The file comes with an "Original" package which contains the tracks, magic data, physics and other settings from original GP2.

I'm building a manual but it will take a while.

I'm posting a package in my F3 package topic that can be installed with this.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: GP2 Season Patcher (GP2SP)

Post by MaxX »

Thanks for adding that, let`s see how I come along with that :D
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

I found a but when using the "enable refuel" option. It will enable it, but it won't correctly unpatch the starting fuel, so you start with full tank anyway. I will fix it in next version (no date for it yet).
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

dont want to look like a nub but i have not understand what actually this patch actually is .. can we play more seasons consecitively, can we play any season we like and put our likings into the picture .. for example no refuelling.. so please remmedio if i dont bother you please explain that to me.. [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

The main feature is being able to share season data (track .dat files, magic data and physics) and install them with a single click. This because when you install a carset that has different settings from original gp2 (car power, car weight, grip) and when you install different tracks or change track slots, gp2 won't behave correctly: cc setups will be wrong (with ccs not using all gears for instance), ccs will be too fast in a track and too slow on the other, fuel consumption will be wrong in most tracks, etc. This all can be fixed by editing the cc setup on the track .dat files and the magic data. With this program, if someone goes through the daunting task of configuring all of this (so they can play a full season with everything working correctly), they can share the files so others can easily install them without the need of exporting 16 magic data files, renaming 16 dat files (or editing gp2lap.cfg manually), etc.
Early 90s F1 forever!
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

great .. even if i have installed a lot of track so that i can simulate a 2018 season, and soon a 2019 season, and after having make manipulations in the slot and tyre editor i have not noticed some of the problem you mention .. i will surely give it a go.. thanks for the answer mate
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Yeah, except for the new "Acceleration" option for low power carsets, it won't fix anything the Slot and Tyre Editor can't fix.

Think of it as a tool to batch install many files edited with the Slot and Tyre editor (and the track editor) at once, that way you could make a package with the .dat files and magic data files you used and it would be easier for other people to install them without having to configure everything by themselves.

If you ever used the installer for the Belini Track Pack it is basically what it does (tho they didn't have knowledge of as many magic data parameters as we do now, that's why it can't change the pit in/out distances) but with GP2SP you can customize the installer.

The other option would be to just share your .dat files and your gp2.exe with the altered magic data, but that way it wouldn't be as easy to change track orders as it is with GP2SP (while keeping the magic data correct).

It also helps to organize different race calendars in the same GP2 installation if you want that.

Anyway, it will be only useful if people want to share full season packages. I've been working on improving the physics and carset for my F3 package and when I'm happy with them I will build the most popular F3 calendars (and some not so popular or even real lol) and share a GP2SP package with them. So at least we will be able to use GP2SP for that. But it will take a while since it is a lot of work to be done.
Early 90s F1 forever!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Hello Roberto,
I'm going to do the 2012 season wich means no refueling and faster pitstops.
I adjusted the pit stop time factors in S&T 4.21 to lower values, started a race, went to the pits and it took 4.4 seconds. Unfortunately the cc cars pitstops still took around 7.5-8 seconds. So it effects only the human car? Is there something I can do to make it work for the cc cars too? :-k
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

DaSilva82 wrote:
22.11.2019, 11:35
Hello Roberto,
I'm going to do the 2012 season wich means no refueling and faster pitstops.
I adjusted the pit stop time factors in S&T 4.21 to lower values, started a race, went to the pits and it took 4.4 seconds. Unfortunately the cc cars pitstops still took around 7.5-8 seconds. So it effects only the human car? Is there something I can do to make it work for the cc cars too? :-k
I did something wrong with the pit stop patching/unpatching in this program. Not sure if it is the reason for the difference between the times for ccs and players. I can't check it now so please try using this program and maybe it will patch it right.
Early 90s F1 forever!
DaSilva82
GP2 Starter

Post by DaSilva82 »

Downloaded, tested and it works!

Thnxs again Roberto :thumbsup:
The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose.