ChampCar 2007: Now Released

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
Xeltron245
GP2 Newbie

ChampCar 2007: Now Released

Post by Xeltron245 »

http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?38,688927

Im awaiting a reply by a friend of mine on NASCAR and it might be a while so I thought I'd show you this a ChampCar Series 2007 Mod which I will release soon. Ive just got the helmets to do. It isnt brilliant but Im hoping you like it anyway.

Newman/Haas/Lannigan Motorsport

Forsythe Racing

Dale Coyne Racing A

Dale Coyne Racing B

Conquest Racing

Team Australia

RSPORTS

These are made using the ChampCar shape on this website. There will be a text document with credit dont worry. :wink:
Last edited by Xeltron245 on 06.04.2007, 20:52, edited 3 times in total.
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Looks very nice!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Oooh something else to look forward too! Looks good! - Nice to see someone doing something else other than F1 too!! Well done m8 :D
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Nice to see someone on the ball! I'll be doing a Champcar and IRL carset at some point but me hands are full with WTCC at the moment. Can't wait for this Champcar carset to be released though, I love Champcars!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

WOW, the cars are looking really good!
- . -
Chico Landi
GP2 Starter

Post by Chico Landi »

Good look !!!

I will be waiting.... 8)

Regards !!!

"Chico Landi'
Xeltron245
GP2 Newbie

Post by Xeltron245 »

The helmets arent brilliant and ive done some of them in the wrong order but Im sure one of you can sort this out as i cant work out what it is.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

It's a bit disappointing that you have to register to download it...

Anyway, but that's only my opinion, I can't understand why you release a carset where the player has to sort the helmets first because you have no time. Just don't release it then, sort the helmets when you find time and then do the release.

Further, you wanted to improve the graphics for GP2 in another thread. I wonder how you want to improve them, because the cars I see in the screenshots are looking very, very simple... tbh it seems like a joke to me, that you want(ed) to improve the graphics for GP2.

But OK, everyone here (5 people) says that your cars look good, so maybe I'm just completely wrong...
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:It's a bit disappointing that you have to register to download it...

I uploaded it to my server :roll: I hope I am allowed to do so :wink:
http://hfgp2.hf.funpic.de/---/champcar2007.zip

V12-Power wrote:Anyway, but that's only my opinion, I can't understand why you release a carset where the player has to sort the helmets first because you have no time. Just don't release it then, sort the helmets when you find time and then do the release.

Further, you wanted to improve the graphics for GP2 in another thread. I wonder how you want to improve them, because the cars I see in the screenshots are looking very, very simple... tbh it seems like a joke to me, that you want(ed) to improve the graphics for GP2.

But OK, everyone here (5 people) says that your cars look good, so maybe I'm just completely wrong...

I just saw the little pictures abouve. They are looking well. OK, the cars are simple but look at pixeldreams, he does it the same way and his cars does look awesome in GP2.....

The thing with the helmets isn't good, I have to agree 100% with you![/url]
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

HF wrote:OK, the cars are simple but look at pixeldreams, he does it the same way and his cars does look awesome in GP2.....
Right now you wrong pixeldreams (Greyhead). His cars can't be called simple, they are very well made and in highest quality. He just likes it better in the original GP2-style without painted aerodynamics.. and look at his WTCC cars, there he uses some techniques to underline the shape. The result: they are awesome!

I personally released my first cars when I thought they had the quality to be used by others. But that depends on the patcher himself... You can download my first releases here if you want.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

The shape in the pictures saves things a bit, but that's also the only thing Xeltron didn't create himself. ;-) The graphics (helmets and cars) look like a rushed job to me, but Xeltron seems to be fully aware of it ("It isn't brilliant but Im hoping you like it anyway"), and if that's the way he wants to do this project or the only way he can do it right now because of time issues, it's his call.

It doesn't stop anyone else who wants to have a "better" champcar set from making one either. 8)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Xeltron245
GP2 Newbie

Post by Xeltron245 »

I always said I was a bad texturer. Please dont just criticise it.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

What's the best about this carset: it came at the right time, exactly when the champcar-season started. So that's a bonus! ;-)

As you say yourself, textures are not the best.

What I find weird somehow is, that 5 people say that it looks good, etc. although this is obviously not the case. I find that a bit hypocritical (looked this word up in a dictionary, don't know if it's exactly right or maybe too hard).
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Yep, ' can understand you....
But my first impression was that they are like this: "WOW, the cars are looking really good!"

Everytime it is like this case. You see a preview of a film and you visit it in cinema. The preview was perfect but the film wasn't the thing you expected 'cause of watching the TV-preview....

Of course the cars are in anyway (to quote the creator himselfe) nice.

You only could start small like You and I did (exept FK; nice work!).
If Xeltron245 will do a final 2007 champcar carset he will show us more detailed and better cars and helmets :wink:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I think it looks good. Regardless of what other people say here, fact is, it's there. and it's a good addition to the GP2 download scene and Xeltron is a good addition to the painter scene.

I also do agree there is room for improvement, as there is with 95% of the cars released EVER in GP2.

I've done cars before and they have been VERY basic. I mean, horrid. This is not horrid. I'd say this was me in my last incarnation of a painter. Whilst I'm not über nowadays, I'm still shit compared to many here.

I think with the exception of Team Australia, the cars are fine for a first go at a ChampCar carset.

Well done Xeltron and welcome!!! :D
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!