Fictional Formula 4 carset

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
ismael
GP2 Racer

Fictional Formula 4 carset

Post by ismael »

Hello everyone,

No new tracks, cars or others actual materials like the cool carsets that Minardi is placing here lately. I'm just sharing news of a development I've been doing thanks to this forum.

As my 7-year old was having trouble with Grand Prix 2 at Rookie level, I created a Formula 4 carset for him to make proper progress.
Basically, I changed the default HP for 200 HP for everyone, applied some formula 3 carshape, and changed the drivers with some strong names from several Formula 4 championships (like if each one of those championships contributed with a team). The exception being Ferrari, as the kid wants to be in Ferrari (I'm not a Ferrari fan myself, so I can only say that the brand Enzo created remains really strong). The game was instantly easier for him.

The championship should be 10% Race distance. Unfortunately, the fuel consumption was too high with this 200-HP format. All drivers got a DNF on the final lap. And I could not solve this by configuration.

So, I made a refuel mandatory for everyone. (Used Wintrackman to put 100% of drivers with 1 stop). It's silly to refuel after just 5 laps, but for the kid is actually interesting to have a pit stop in each race. It's not quite fair as the madness of having 26 cars refuelling in 2 laps causes mayhem, but it doesn't matter - the kid will find harder competition in the future.

These are the selected tracks (they had to be shorter than those of the original GP2, of course, and they're also easier for a 7-year old that, let's say, Monaco):
1. Wunstorf (Germany 1)
2. Norisring (Germany 2)
3. Las Vizcachas (Chile)
4. Mondello National (Ireland)
5. Aisne Folembray (France)
6. Lydden Hill (England 1)
7. Jurby (Isle of Man)
8. El Pinar (Uruguay)
9. Campo Grande (Brazil)
10. Trois Rivieres (Canada)
11. Denver (USA)
12. Monza Junior (Italy)
13. Mallory Park (England 2)
14. Kirkistown (Northern Ireland)
15. Iringa (Philippines)
16. Pedralbes (Spain)

Race length turns out to be between 10 and 15 minutes.
The performance file is in the attachment. I kept all the values of the original game bar names and HP. And put Ferrari with 256 on the odds of failure as the kid needs time on track rather than coping with retirement.
I'm planning to create a Formula 3 with 400 HP and a Formula 2 with 600 HP, but let's see how it goes.

Many, many thanks to all people involved in the creation of tracks, setup programs and everything else!
Attachments
performance1.rar
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Fictional Formula 4 carset

Post by roland ratzenberger »

hmm it seems quite a nice idea ....
minardi
GP2 Starter

Post by minardi »

That's a really cool idea and nice to see a new Grand Prix 2 player
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

With more than 300 hundred tracks (right?) and endless editing possibilities, the kid will have to consider that GP2 is THE racing game...

By the way, with 200 horsepower it happens what is well known to Roberto Remedio:
"If we use low powered cars, the human player will have a big advantage at race start and accelerating out of slow corners."
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=920

But nevermind, as soon as the kid wins easily the championship he'll get promoted to Amateur level and so on. Hopefully he'll learn programming in the future and do the job of developing GP2 himself.
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

ismael have you trried playing bellini 99 version for gp2
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

No, although I got the tracks
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

i believe it deserves to give it a go.. i have managed to make it work one month ago.. to my mind it is a total different gp2 version..