DJS Carset 2007

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
DJS
GP2 Racer

DJS Carset 2007

Post by DJS »

For those that think: when will DJS release his carset?
It will take a long time (several weeks). :cry:

I want to have some good menuhelmets for my set and that is taking up a lot of time, even if I base them on the excellent work of Tim (TdK).

To show you what I mean, here is Alonso's helmet:

TdK

DJS
Last edited by DJS on 01.04.2007, 14:40, edited 2 times in total.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

It is the same with my set. I promised to much I think. I only hope that I can release my set untill the next race in Malysia. Here is to much stuff to do beside the set; the "normal life". :wink:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: DJS Carset 2007

Post by TdK »

DJS wrote:I want to have some good menuhelmets for my set and that is taking up a lot of time, even if I base them on the excellent work of Tim (TdK).

It's kind of funny to see that changes you have made now, where already made by me a few days ago. The only thing is mine will be shown in the next carset after the Bahrain GP. :lol: 8) So, now they look the same a bit.... :D :shock: :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

It's shocking how much plagiarism goes on these days in GP2 :( - But anyway, you're all cool with it so I guess that's ok.

I hate the ARAI logo things too. Just no point to them, especially if you have no logos on the helmets themselves!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

It's shocking how much plagiarism goes on these days in GP2

Well Moonraker, it's been this way since the very beginning of Gp2, so it's not new or shocking IMO.

I like my menuhelmets, Fridtjof initiated this way and I'm sticking to it.
So if you use my set, either you'll have to get Tim's menuhelmets or get over it. :lol:
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

DJS wrote:So if you use my set, either you'll have to get Tim's menuhelmets or get over it. :lol:

Or just delete them myself! lol.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

DJS wrote:I like my menuhelmets, Fridtjof initiated this way and I'm sticking to it.
I got the idea from Patrick, so the credits go to him! :-) I think the logos don't look too bad.

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:It's shocking how much plagiarism goes on these days in GP2 Sad - But anyway, you're all cool with it so I guess that's ok.
I personally have to say that I always had some problems with other people using my work. I remember a lot of sets that included big parts of my works without any credits, this may be the origin of my dislike. Especially one fictional carset made me turn really mad (I guess 80% was made by me there, but I was the only one who didn't get any credits (several other patchers were credited in this set (!!!))).

But I also remember that, when I started I used a lot of DJS (EVDJSR) cars and he (they) always allowed me to do so. When TdK allows DJS to use his helmets I think it's ok, especially because David would be the last one who would say "no" if somebody asks him if he can use something out of his carset.

And all in all I think there is not much plagiarism around...
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

V12-Power wrote:and all in all I think there is not much plagiarism around...

I actually didn't mean plagiarism, as technically people are ok with it. I meant "borrowing".
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Why make something entirely new, when there is a good base to start with. :wink:
This is my working method/ethic and I think it works pretty well (looking at the download figures from AAS).... :lol:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:
V12-Power wrote:and all in all I think there is not much plagiarism around...

I actually didn't mean plagiarism, as technically people are ok with it. I meant "borrowing".
Yep, I got it that way. However I think there's not too much borrowing..
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

V12-Power wrote:Yep, I got it that way. However I think there's not too much borrowing..

Well DJS says it all

DJS wrote:Why make something entirely new, when there is a good base to start with. :wink:
This is my working method/ethic and I think it works pretty well (looking at the download figures from AAS).... :lol:

Not saying it's bad, just a lot of it, but by how small this community is, I guess it's np. In the old days you guys would have been working together against the many many patchers out there.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I finally managed to get a decent carset together, but (and it's a big but) I have used a lot of things from Tims carset as base.
Therefore I have sent the set to Tim first, so he can see and decide if it's ok to release it.

It may be a bit of a downer for some forummembers, but I'm just too busy to make everything myself and Tim deliveres a very good basis.

Because a lot of details are different I think my carset is justified.
But it's up to Tim. :wink:

In a week or 2 I'll try to posts some pics of the things I'm doing at the moment that eat my time. :lol:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

DJS wrote:I finally managed to get a decent carset together, but (and it's a big but) I have used a lot of things from Tims carset as base.
Therefore I have sent the set to Tim first, so he can see and decide if it's ok to release it. ------- But it's up to Tim. :wink:

I've decided that DJS's his carset is road legal.... :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

So, it's now to him to send the set to AAS his site.... :wink:

Can tell you; GREAT STUFF IT IS... :thumbsup: Or am i saying to much right now... :-$
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Thanks Tim, I really appreciate it.
The set is on it's way to AAS.

To see some pics of my other time eating hobby, see another post.
Nebur
GP2 Newbie

Post by Nebur »

I tried it out, very nice carset DJS :)

I've done a season already. Finished 7th with Albers 8) on semi-pro though.
My name is my username spelled backwards...

Jos is still the BOSS!