My small projects

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
rremedio
GP2 Legend

My small projects

Post by rremedio »

Hi guys!

There's a long time since I'm doing nothing for the GP2 community so I wanted to start, or actually continue somethings which were stopped.

There are two jobs:

1. Setting GP2 tracks, physics and data for 2007 season:

Well, TDK released his nice carset and soon there will be other ones available. I have my own way to setup the game and try to create races more challenging and a bit more close to the real life (not that close anyway). So I plan to make available a file with edited tracks (with changed cc setups, tyre wear, pit strategies and whatever), performances files and car settings for each race (maybe with options for each team). The aim is to have the same difficult level for all tracks. It's not big work, but maybe it's useful for somebody and you will be able to use it together with any 2007 carset you like.

2. My fantasy pack

This work has been started more than two years ago, it was stopped and restarted zillions times. It started as a fantasy carset, then it became a fantasy track pack. Then both works were stopped. I've given the 3 better off the tracks for other person and they are in better hands now. But after my interest in GP2 returned I started to design new tracks. Then I started a new carset (it's like a 60's fantasy carset). Now I have a 70% done carset and some track designs (some off then already have cclines done for gp2), so I want to see the job finished this time.

I know there are good fantasy track packs available (TDK, Bellini, John Edwards, etc...) but my tracks (the same for the carset) are not similar to those already made.

I just can put my hands on my "gp2 pc" for days each month, so the fantasy pack may take more than a year to be finished. But I think the 2007 packs may be released soon after each race. We are in holydays here in Brazil in the next week. So I think I can finish the Melbourne pack until April 8th.

This topic is just to let you know I'm trying to come back to the editing world. As always, I hope you understand something I write in english.

Regards!
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

Great news :D

Code: Select all

1. Setting GP2 tracks, physics and data for 2007 season: 

Great idea !

Years ago i have created my own (not published) season. (2001 or 2002).
With performance Files for every race etc.
I think we should have this for every season.
:)
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I'd just be happy to have a track with different levels of height. So you can drive up a partial hill and race down it. like eau rouge. Maybe even more!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:I'd just be happy to have a track with different levels of height. So you can drive up a partial hill and race down it. like eau rouge. Maybe even more!

Some of the tracks have loads of height changes. But I guess none of them is big as Eau Rouge.
Early 90s F1 forever!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

That would be cool if there would be files for the tracks which are closer to the reality :D
- . -
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoeHr8VQ7Uc

A very very very low quality video for one of the new tracks. I guess I'll have to upload it again with better quality later.
Early 90s F1 forever!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

rremedio wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoeHr8VQ7Uc

A very very very low quality video for one of the new tracks. I guess I'll have to upload it again with better quality later.

looks class m8.

We may have to get you to design a nice little track for GPRL :D ha ha.
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The track looks fun to drive, has many nice combinations of faster corners. Maybe overtaking could be a bit difficult, only possible at 2 or 3 points.. but this would have to be tried out. All in all a very harmonic track, good work!

Is the environment ready, too, or will there be some changes (maybe some stands, a new "pit-house")?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Would be a perfect F1 track I think. Nice work!
- . -
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

@Moonrakerâ„¢ - It would be nice...But of course you would have to convince AAS to make the graphics...

@V12-Power - Yes, there are not to many overtaking points, specially for the ccs, as their behavior is not as I want yet. But human players will find good points to try. About the graphics, nothing is done yet. I will work on it only when I have all layouts and cclines done and working as I want. So I think it will be not soon.

Thank you guys for the positive feedback!

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Some bad news... :(

I've broken my left fist this week. Nothing serious as I can do almost everything, even play gp2 - but I can't drive real cars...:( - but I didn't make any improvement in my projects.

Melbourne is 90% finished, but I won't release it before it's 100% the way I want (what's missing: finish performance data and make some options for different skill levels - all the physics are done).

I could have done something for the fantasy pack, as I use almost only the right hand, but I couldn't find motivation (my time on the computer this week were almost all taken by playing Mega Drive games online in the emulator - great fun).

I hope I can release Melbourne and Sepang packs soon. The fantasy pack will take the whole year.

Regards
Early 90s F1 forever!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

OOOOoooh harsh luck old chap. I hope it heals soon!

I'd play you at the MD online, but Brazil - UK connection isn't quite there still! - Maybe in a year or two it will eb possible with a low ping.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Get well soon!

How did it happen? :?

It's not comparable, but I broke my thumb once while keeping the goal... :wink:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:OOOOoooh harsh luck old chap. I hope it heals soon!

I'd play you at the MD online, but Brazil - UK connection isn't quite there still! - Maybe in a year or two it will eb possible with a low ping.

I agree. And sadly there're few MD players in Brazil

V12-Power wrote:Get well soon!

How did it happen? :?

A small game between some drunken guys. And I fell by myself on the ground. Lol
Early 90s F1 forever!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Well guys, just to let you know...

As you may gess, I've given up on the 2007 pack. I don't have enough free time anymore for GP2, and I like to use the little time I have for GP2 playing or making new tracks.

I'm working in some tracks for the FGP2's 1975 F2 calendar. I've converted Vallelunga layout and ccline from GP3, updated my beta Salzburgring track and I've made the layout and ccline for Enna-Pergusa. Soon I'll be finishing the layout and ccline for Nogaro. The tracks are all beta, that's why I'm not releasing them, but I may finish they in the future, or maybe someone else does.

I've done some progress in my fantasy pack. I have almost all layouts I'll need and some tracks already have a ccline. I'm really happy with them.

Regards!!
Early 90s F1 forever!