2017 Formula 1 Carset

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
bb49
GP2 Newbie

2017 Formula 1 Carset

Post by bb49 »

Okay, so, we don't really know for sure the pecking order, but this is a rough guide based on what I've seen in all the practice sessions as well as the race at Melbourne;

It basically predicts a ding-dong battle between Sebastian and Lewis.

There are four fake teams with eight drivers I believe should be in F1 at the moment, they don't score points but give Sauber and McLaren a run for their money!

btw I only drew five of the cars! the rest is mainly from the 2016 carset!
Attachments
Teams2.zip
(58.39 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Teams.zip
(94.41 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Last edited by bb49 on 28.03.2017, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Re: 2017 Formula 1 Carset

Post by bb49 »

Toro Rosso and Force India, 2017 style!
Attachments
STR2017.JPG
SFI2017.JPG
ismael
GP2 Racer

Post by ismael »

Thanks!

Lovely Force India! I also loved the Haas; I'm racing a fictional career game, and the Audi was much alike the 2016 Haas. I'll use this instead, for sure!

Good extra driver picking, also. For sure Giovinazzi would deserve a full-time seat right now!
racer63
GP2 Gamer

Post by racer63 »

Well, this deserves a big thanks! =D>
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Post by roland ratzenberger »

bb49 wrote:Okay, so, we don't really know for sure the pecking order, but this is a rough guide based on what I've seen in all the practice sessions as well as the race at Melbourne;

It basically predicts a ding-dong battle between Sebastian and Lewis.

There are four fake teams with eight drivers I believe should be in F1 at the moment, they don't score points but give Sauber and McLaren a run for their money!

btw I only drew five of the cars! the rest is mainly from the 2016 carset!

hello mate.. i have done a couple of quickraces with your carset and the result is quite satisfying. What I want to ask is these.. as the season continues, do you have in plans in making upgrades and to the carset.. by this i mean to fix the performance levels of the teams, if any big changes occur?
bb49
GP2 Newbie

Post by bb49 »

ismael wrote: Good extra driver picking, also. For sure Giovinazzi would deserve a full-time seat right now!
Well it's not only Giovinazzi! I wonder how fast Pierre Gasly would go in a team this year? But definitely Antonio should get a full time seat - if he's that quick at a track like Melbourne, where he never raced before, imagine how he'd go at tracks he knows and loves?

Roland - I imagine this will be something of a 'team-effort' - some of the guys still do GP2 editing these days. I'll be on the lookout for changes in performance; I'm expecting it.
ecodrive
GP2 Newbie

Team performance data for the 2017 Formula 1 Carset

Post by ecodrive »

So lovely to see the busy exchange of the GP2 community here!

Regarding the performance data I can share my project with you guys (see attachement).

This Excel-worksheet is calculating the grip value for the drivers depending on their:
- lap times in Qualifying
- average speed (km/h) in Race *

*). Drivers that did not finish the Race will be handled with the same value as their team mate.

Same works for the engine power of the teams depending on their:
- Topspeed (km/h) in Qualifying
- Topspeed (km/h) in Race

The calculation will be done automatically if the source data is entered correctly. Study the screenshots for a while - you will understand the system. (Sorry for the labels written in german.)

Anyway, questions are welcome!
Attachments
Calculation (Drivers).jpg
Calculation (Teams).jpg