Pushing GP2 to the max!

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

Pushing GP2 to the max!

Post by gagarin »

I am pushing this very old game to the max and trying to make it at least good as GP3!!!!
I have returned to this game after many years of playing GP3 as I cannot get to get GP3 to work decently on my laptop
Anyway,I like this game as it has tons of addons for it and it can be easily modified on all levels!
I downloaded a modified version I found on the net from mpconex.cjb and it included the 1999 tracks and track maps etc - it is a lot better than the original
So,I have put in the 2015 cars and drivers and will next update them to the 2016 season
I have updated all the track adverts to modern ones Santander etc using a jam editor
Updated the sounds using a lot from gp3 from an excellent sound mod from this site!
I always used to run a full F1 season in real time using GP3 and not done that for ages - so I intent to do so this year with GP2
Tracks! - they are a huge problem for me - GP2 is limited to only 16 tracks but it would be nice to have updated 16 tracks from 2016
I shall look into that and see what can be done - as i want to start my 2016 season on the 20th of March, a fully modified 2015/16 trackset would be heaven !
But i am happy at the moment just to use the 16 1999 trackset from my game - at least it starts with Melbourne !
So,this is where I am at the moment with my GP2
Kind Regards
Colin
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: Pushing GP2 to the max!

Post by roland ratzenberger »

gagarin wrote:I am pushing this very old game to the max and trying to make it at least good as GP3!!!!
I have returned to this game after many years of playing GP3 as I cannot get to get GP3 to work decently on my laptop
Anyway,I like this game as it has tons of addons for it and it can be easily modified on all levels!
I downloaded a modified version I found on the net from mpconex.cjb and it included the 1999 tracks and track maps etc - it is a lot better than the original
So,I have put in the 2015 cars and drivers and will next update them to the 2016 season
I have updated all the track adverts to modern ones Santander etc using a jam editor
Updated the sounds using a lot from gp3 from an excellent sound mod from this site!
I always used to run a full F1 season in real time using GP3 and not done that for ages - so I intent to do so this year with GP2
Tracks! - they are a huge problem for me - GP2 is limited to only 16 tracks but it would be nice to have updated 16 tracks from 2016
I shall look into that and see what can be done - as i want to start my 2016 season on the 20th of March, a fully modified 2015/16 trackset would be heaven !
But i am happy at the moment just to use the 16 1999 trackset from my game - at least it starts with Melbourne !
So,this is where I am at the moment with my GP2
Kind Regards
Colin
your idea seems quite interesting,, we look forward for it ,, keep up with it
FuchsiLP
GP2 Newbie

Post by FuchsiLP »

I really wish that someone starts an opensource version of GP2 like OpenTTD or now OpenRCT2.

OpenGP2, which fixes all of the bugs like the well-known replay bug and adds new features like GP2Lap or so...
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Post by gp2hbsl »

gagarin wrote: So,I have put in the 2015 cars and drivers and will next update them to the 2016 season

That sounds great :D An 'easy' way to update the circuits is to change the adverts and maybe replace and add a few when possible, good idea.
Did you do that for all 16 F1 2016 tracks? In that case you have done a fine job... Perhaps one day you could upload the updates for the community :)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gagarin... why dont you upload a piece of your work here.. or else upload that gp2 1999 version
gagarin
GP2 Newbie

Post by gagarin »

I have uploaded a few 2016 cars under the 2016 Mercedes Post - they are just repaints
TeunieGp2
GP2 Newbie

Post by TeunieGp2 »

Where can i find the mpconex version. I'm looking for the pack a long ime :)

Greetz
F1 GP-GP2-GP3-GP4
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

TeunieGp2 wrote:
21.12.2020, 20:41
Where can i find the mpconex version. I'm looking for the pack a long ime :)

Greetz
send me your e-mail in pm .. and the i will send it to you