gp2 editor on windows 7 64 bit :-k

Here you can present your WIP or new cars and/or stuff you made for GP2
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

gp2 editor on windows 7 64 bit :-k

Post by roland ratzenberger »

hello guys ... .. let me ask you this.. how it is possible to make the gp2 editor works on windows 7 64 bit ??? with this i mean that when i am downloading a carset and want to pass it to the game it tells me that the program cannot run on this version of windows ](*,) .. howerer i have manage to solve it, thanks to my old pc which have windows xp, and there it is very easy to make any modification i want and via usb stick to transform them in my newer pc :wink: .. but because microsoft had stopped the support on windows xp( the best windows in my opinion) and because i dont want to be so dependent from my old pc.. does anyone know any solution to these.. i have heard something about virtual pc :-k .. is this a proper solution or it is any other solution to that problem ???

thanks in advance guys :D
gp2hbsl
GP2 Starter

Re: gp2 editor on windows 7 64 bit :-k

Post by gp2hbsl »

roland ratzenberger wrote:hello guys ... .. let me ask you this.. how it is possible to make the gp2 editor works on windows 7 64 bit ??? with this i mean that when i am downloading a carset and want to pass it to the game it tells me that the program cannot run on this version of windows ](*,) .. howerer i have manage to solve it, thanks to my old pc which have windows xp, and there it is very easy to make any modification i want and via usb stick to transform them in my newer pc :wink: .. but because microsoft had stopped the support on windows xp( the best windows in my opinion) and because i dont want to be so dependent from my old pc.. does anyone know any solution to these.. i have heard something about virtual pc :-k .. is this a proper solution or it is any other solution to that problem ???

Just in short; I have no problems with GP2Editor. Just copied the complete folder into the GP2 folder on my win7 pc and it works fine. Export to game also without any problems, but as said before you need a complete already installed folder to copy to the win7 pc. This works for me, although its been a long time not driving GP2 :)
roland ratzenberger
GP2 Racer

Re: gp2 editor on windows 7 64 bit :-k

Post by roland ratzenberger »

gp2hbsl wrote:
roland ratzenberger wrote:hello guys ... .. let me ask you this.. how it is possible to make the gp2 editor works on windows 7 64 bit ??? with this i mean that when i am downloading a carset and want to pass it to the game it tells me that the program cannot run on this version of windows ](*,) .. howerer i have manage to solve it, thanks to my old pc which have windows xp, and there it is very easy to make any modification i want and via usb stick to transform them in my newer pc :wink: .. but because microsoft had stopped the support on windows xp( the best windows in my opinion) and because i dont want to be so dependent from my old pc.. does anyone know any solution to these.. i have heard something about virtual pc :-k .. is this a proper solution or it is any other solution to that problem ???

Just in short; I have no problems with GP2Editor. Just copied the complete folder into the GP2 folder on my win7 pc and it works fine. Export to game also without any problems, but as said before you need a complete already installed folder to copy to the win7 pc. This works for me, although its been a long time not driving GP2 :)

dear friend sorry for my very late answer but just now i find myself in need of installing a new carset .. and more specificaly the 2000 carset.. i follow your instructions .. firtsly the gp2 editor window worked perfect.. afterwards through this window i choosed to open the 2000 carset.. and then IT WORKED PERFECTLY... i feel very happy and i would like to thank you for your help... be well my friend \:D/ :D