Spyker F8-VII - Launch

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

I've heard Anglo-Dutch company Corus may sponsor Spyker. If anyone remember that fantastic "better than Prost" driver 'Narain Karthikayan', he is sponsored by TATA. Apparantly they may be buying Corus, so they already have a pedigree in F1.

I hope Spyker will do well. Although they are Dutch, I think they have thought about the core Jordan fans and I hope they really won't decide to sell up and lie to us like Schneider did. It's nice by putting the British flag with the Dutch one, they also reference the teams British base, something apparantly Schneider and the Russian investors wern't happy about (which shows he had no love for his project as he sold up, or a brain to move it to Russia!)
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Good point about the flags Moonraker. Like you allude to, they seem to be thinking about the British core of the team. A lot of Jordan personnel are still at the team and it would be plain daft to alienate or ignore that knowledge base and level of experience. Since Minardi disappeared into a Red Bull-shaped black (blue?) hole I haven't had an underdog to support that captured the imagination. Spyker could well fill that gap!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Greyhead wrote:Good point about the flags Moonraker. Like you allude to, they seem to be thinking about the British core of the team. A lot of Jordan personnel are still at the team and it would be plain daft to alienate or ignore that knowledge base and level of experience. Since Minardi disappeared into a Red Bull-shaped black (blue?) hole I haven't had an underdog to support that captured the imagination. Spyker could well fill that gap!

2nded. - AND THE LIVERY IS CLASS TOO :D
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Oh yes. Now I just need a Spyker jacket to replace my Arrows one that I wear to work!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Spyker changed the livery again......makes me feel like Minardi in 2004/2005, so many changes..... :roll:

DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

They do keep changing around. But the changes are not that hard to make.... :wink:

But they indeed have to stick at one livery once, because every race their livery has been different.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

They're probably going to change it again if their Ebay search for sponsors will produce results, so by any chance, this isn't final... ;-)

Maybe they're doing this to check if carpainters are paying attention... :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AD wrote:Maybe they're doing this to check if carpainters are paying attention... :)

LOL, we definitely are... :wink: :D :D :D
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Indeed it's not that hard, but I don't think it's funny to change so often.

I want to make a modelcar as well and I'm glad it's not painted yet....
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

And now my updated Spyker is ready for download at http://www.grandprix2.de

http://www.grandprix2.de/Autosf1/autof1_4.html#2007

Many thanks to Andreas for putting it online.