F1 season 2012

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: F1 season 2012

Post by Greyhead »

I, for one, am always glad when we move into the European season and you don't have to check for a different start time each weekend.
Me too, although having qualifying on at one in the afternoon eats into my pub time throughout the summer! How dare F1 mess with my routine :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

So... the first Williams car winning a Grand Prix since 2004, congratulations!

Interesting to see how well Maldonado coped under the pressure from Alonso. Compare that to his team-mate who dropped out of qualifying and got rear-ended out of the race in the early part of the race and it seems to have been a pretty wide gap between them this weekend.

What I found important and good was that they did try a more aggressive strategy than Ferrari by stopping a lap or two earlier at both of the stops. Even GP games that shall remain unnamed here indicate that you should be opportunistic with these tyres. Even if the other driver hasn't hit the point yet where the tyre performance just drops off completely, you can gain a second or two that way.

And yet, it's one of those Barcelona races where the top four ended up in the order they went off. How much difference a few arbitrary elements can make in how a race is perceived. :)

I think Hamilton's drive into the points should also be recognised. After thinking you're gonna start from pole yesterday, to have what in the best circumstances was a daft mistake from the team cost you that, you could have expected him to be frustrated, try to achieve everything at once on Sunday and ending up with front wing / suspension damage somewhere. In light of the championship in the long term, these couple of points could very well turn out to be important.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Amazing, Williams are really going back in time. Also this Ferrari - Williams battles are just classic. Congratulations to both Maldonado and Alonso. =D>
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

Awesome job by williams,alonso really good as well. :D
I still think alonso can win this year's championship. :)
Kimi up into 4th in the standings,I am delighted with his good comeback. :D
Just wondering-will we see the 6th winner at monaco? :?:
ooleeeo
GP2 Starter

Post by ooleeeo »

Greyhead wrote:
I, for one, am always glad when we move into the European season and you don't have to check for a different start time each weekend.
Me too, although having qualifying on at one in the afternoon eats into my pub time throughout the summer! How dare F1 mess with my routine :lol:
both qf and race start at 5.30 pm for me for the european races. :D
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Mark Webber is the 6th winner of the season. =D> =D> And well, great pole by Schuey, but I don't have anything to say about the race.
Congratulations to Rosberg, Alonso and Vettel for a great drive. Brilliant strategy of Red Bull to gain places for Seb. :)
I'm sorry for Jenson because of the lack of performance. :roll:
Not a good race for Kimi, expected him doing better.
Surprise of the race are both Force Indias. :yes:
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Very interesting to get at least some glimpses of how the car's internal components are distributed. One thing that still intrigues me is how much of an effect the height of the monocoque has on the way the driver is positioned, with that odd, upwards-reaching positioning of the legs. It always looks much like these bicycles where you kind of lie down and have the pedals in front of you.

I didn't even get to watch Monaco, by the way, so I can just assume that it was sunglasses, models and pit stop strategy, as usual...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

AD wrote:Very interesting to get at least some glimpses of how the car's internal components are distributed. One thing that still intrigues me is how much of an effect the height of the monocoque has on the way the driver is positioned, with that odd, upwards-reaching positioning of the legs. It always looks much like these bicycles where you kind of lie down and have the pedals in front of you.

I didn't even get to watch Monaco, by the way, so I can just assume that it was sunglasses, models and pit stop strategy, as usual...
Exactly :!: And no overtakes at all........ ](*,)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Now we have the 7th winner, but someone who deserved a victory in the season won: Lewis Hamilton :!: =D>
zenrique.viana
GP2 Newbie

Post by zenrique.viana »

And who will do a F1 2012 carset?
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

Well, I won't :cry:
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Excellent drive for Alonso, well done man. 8)
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

He's the first driver who win 2 races this season, congrats
tecnorge3
GP2 Starter

Post by tecnorge3 »

What do you think about this though it probably won't happen :?: