24h Le Mans 2011

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: 24h Le Mans 2011

Post by Greyhead »

I was watching with my girlfriend at the time of the Rockenfeller accident, it was the first time she'd ever watched prototypes and she was convinced he'd been killed!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
RacerBG
GP2 Pro

Post by RacerBG »

Amazing crashes and race. :shock:
nimrod111
GP2 Gamer

Post by nimrod111 »

MUAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAH \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Great win for Audi, especially considering the trials and tribulations they'd gone through! =D>
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

What an amazing Le Mans weekend once again. Just to see the cornering speeds of those LMP cars from the onboard cameras alone was fascinating for me. Great also to see a closely matched contest between Audi and Peugeot with two new cars basically at the same point in the development cycle.

The major crashes obviously looked horrendous, but as they were also quick to point out on Radio Le Mans (who, for my taste, once again did a great job in reading the race and explaining what's happening out there), the cars are basically designed to shed most of the extension parts, so not much more than that was left, but the survival cells themselves looked intact. The worrying factor, especially in case of McNish's crash, was that debris could have struck photographers behind the barrier. Although with the hands-on professionalism of these guys, one can probably expect as soon as it was clear no one was seriously hurt it quickly became about who got the best picture of the incident.

While everyone pointed out the first win for what was perhaps considered the outside Audi car, I also found it interesting to see Lucas "simracer turned the real thing" Ordonez finish second in his class on the Le Mans debut. Maybe more of those digital racers should get a serious chance to prove themselves in the non-virtual world (with the proper training and preparation, of course).

Good to have the next major 24-hour race of the year coming up in just two weeks time. Although a little bit of spirit-convincing might be appropriate so there's no foggy night stoppage kind of stuff in the meteorologically feisty Eiffel. ;-)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Good point about Ordonez there AD, I thought he did very well, matching the times of his co-drivers. It must have been pretty daunting but he coped superbly with the whole thing. He also came across as very down-to-earth in his interviews and I hope he gets another crack at it.