F1 2007

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

F1 2007

Post by HF »

The teams (in my order):

Renault F1:
#1 Heikki Kovaleinen
#2 Giancarlo Fisichella

Ferrari F1:
#3 Kimi Raikkönen
#4 Felipe Massa

Mercedes F1:
#5 Fernando Alonso
#6 Lewis Hamilton

Honda F1:
#7 Jenson Button
#8 Rubens Barrichello

BMW Sauber:
#9 Nick Heidfeld or Sebastian Vettel
#10 Robert Kubica or Sebastian Vettel

Toyota F1:
#11 Ralf Schumacher
#12 Jarno Trulli

Williams Toyota:
#14 Nico Rosberg
#15 Alex Wurz

RBR Ferrari:
#16 Mark Webber
#17 David Coulthard

STR ???:
#18 Vitantonio Liuzzi
#19 Scott Speed

Spyker MF1 Racing Cosworth:
#20 Christijan Albers
#21 Markus Winkelhock or Adrian Sutil

Super Aguri:
#22 Takuma Sato
#23 Sakon Yamamoto
- . -
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

Toro Rosso will have Renault engines next year. This is almost 100% sure.
HF
GP2 Star

Re: F1 2007

Post by HF »

GP2 wrote:What flie did shit in his head? :wink:

Calm down, he knows what he says (even you use the smilie)
Last edited by HF on 07.10.2006, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Right now, I wouldn't give to much weight to any of the things they are saying... the new owners are just starting to take control of the team. They're lucky they could fix an engine deal with Ferrari by now, everything else, what kinds of sponsors they are going to have, seems still open to speculation.

They have also said they want to get away from the "paydriver" image in the future. In my opinion, right now they're just trying to seem as open as possible for any potential sponsor that might be interested in them.

(Basically the opposite position from Red Bull, who started out saying "We don't need any sponsors", they've just started to include some smaller ones on the cars now...)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: F1 2007

Post by V12-Power »

Here is what I think will be the grid 2007.

Spyker already announced they will use Ferrari engines next year.

RBR will drive with Renault engines, cause Newey wants them (they fit better into his aerodynamical concept).

When Schumacher retires as world champion he will take the #1 with him, so one Ferrari driver will get the 0. I guess it will be Massa then, cause he helped MSC. Otherwise Alonso would take the #1 to McLaren, Renault would get #3 & #4.

There where also rumours, Honda would like to see Anthony Davidson in the 2nd Super Aguri, so I think Aguri Suzuki will have to agree.

I don't know who will be 2nd Spyker driver, but why not Robert Doornbos? He's dutch and he has good financial backing I think (Muermans etc.). Klien doesn't have the money I think, Sutil and Winkelhock, too. BTW: I think the team-name will be only Spyker next year, MF1 Racing will disappear.

McLaren Mercedes:
#1 Fernando Alonso
#2 Pedro de la Rosa

Renault F1:
#3 Heikki Kovaleinen
#4 Giancarlo Fisichella

Scuderia Ferrari:
#5 Felipe Massa
#6 Kimi Raikkönen

Honda F1:
#7 Jenson Button
#8 Rubens Barrichello

BMW Sauber:
#9 Nick Heidfeld
#10 Robert Kubica

Toyota F1:
#11 Ralf Schumacher
#12 Jarno Trulli

Williams Toyota:
#14 Nico Rosberg
#15 Alex Wurz

RBR Renault:
#16 David Coulthard
#17 Mark Webber

STR Ferrari:
#18 Vitantonio Liuzzi
#19 Scott Speed

Spyker Ferrari:
#20 Christijan Albers
#21 Robert Doornbos

Super Aguri Honda:
#22 Takuma Sato
#23 Anthony Davidson
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Davidson confirmed at Super Aguri

Super Aguri has confirmed that Britain's Anthony Davidson will partner Takuma Sato in its 2007 race line-up.

The long-awaited news, trailed by ITV-F1.com in April, means that the 27-year-old will finally get his first proper opportunity as a Formula 1 race driver after six years of dutiful service as a Honda test driver.

During that time Davidson has been consistently impressive, particularly since 2004 when he has showcased his potential by regularly topping the timesheets on grand prix Fridays.

“This is a great opportunity for me and I’m really excited about my first full season as a race driver in Formula 1,” he said.

“I’d like to thank everyone at Super Aguri and Honda for giving me this chance.

“I’m looking forward to working with everyone at SAF1 – I’ve been impressed with the improvements the team has made through the 2006 season, and I can already see from my first visits to the factory that the team is very hard-working and highly motivated.

“I can’t wait to get started!”

Team principal Aguri Suzuki added: “I am delighted to have Takuma and Anthony as our drivers for next year.

“Takuma performed outstandingly in our first year and I hope that he will be able to build on this with us next year.

“As you know, Anthony has been with Honda as a test driver for a while now and he brings to us a wealth of experience in Formula 1.

“I believe that he will make a positive impact on the team and that he will fit in perfectly with the family atmosphere that we have at Super Aguri.

“I am looking forward to seeing both of our drivers rising to the challenge of the 2007 season.”

The deal reunites Davidson with his long-time buddy and sparring partner Sato, who beat him to the British F3 championship when they were team-mates at Carlin Motorsport in 2001.

The pair also worked together during Sato’s stint as a BAR-Honda race driver in 2004-05.

Davidson has taken part in three grands prix to date – two with Minardi back in 2002 and the other standing in for an unwell Sato at Sepang in ’05 – but has yet to register a finish.

And, what did I say some month ago? :D - Right, I said Davidson would get the seat.

But I guess my guess for Spyker will be definitely wrong... :wink:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Also, along with that, Honda has obviously confirmed Christian Klien and James Rossiter as Honda's test drivers for 2007...

Things are starting to take shape, after all... now if McLaren could decide what they want to happen, we'd actually know pretty much about next year...
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

My bet's on Hamilton. 8)

Spyker has already changed the name from Spyker MF1 to Spyker F1.

Doornbos might replace Speed at Toro Rosso, it would be better for Red Bull's marketing campaign in America to let Speed drive either NASCAR, IRL or Champcars.
F1 isn't important in the US, NASCAR is the most popular series over there.
So Mr. Mateschitz should know what to do..... :lol:

But who'll be 2nd driver at Spyker, at the moment, it's anybody's guess.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

I don't think it will be doornbos. Doornbos en Albers are not exactly friends (remember when the doornbos-camp accused the albers-camp of spreading rumours that doornbos would replace klien in monaco this year)

I even read somewhere that albers has in his contract that he will be the only dutch driver in the team.

Monteiro it will be for another year I think, he must do better than this year
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I really don't think we'll see Dornboos driving races anywhere next year... There's a lot of drivers who could get the second Spyker cockpit, the only obvious knowledge we have now is that Christian Klien is definitely no longer an issue at Spyker... ;-)

About Toro Rosso, I've read pretty decisive-sounding statements from Gerhard Berger where he says that there won't be any surprises with drivers for 2007, he wants to continue with the current line-up and he claims he isn't interest in "Dornboos or his money"...

On the other hand, it probably won't be long and all these remaining question marks will be resolved. After that, we can discuss how serious mistakes the teams made by signing certain drivers... 8) :wink:
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

It could be a very interesting year, Renault lost Alonso, Ferrari Schumi so the game will be more open. Raikkonen and Alonso are probably the biggest favorites.

oh, and mclaren shouldn't take de la rosa, I don't know much about hamilton but the spaniard dissapointed me this year
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

You don't know (much about) Hamilton? :shock:
The guy who dominated about every single racing class he has been in......

Hamilton is a McLaren protege for a couple of years now, he has won the F3 championship in 2005 and also the F3 Masters and in 2006 he won the Gp2 championship, to name a few things.
It should be interesting with Hamilton in the McLaren and Kovalainen in the Renault, 2 rookies in 1st class material.

Now about Doornbos and Berger, Berger is a teamboss of a team run by a drinks company. He isn't pulling the strings, somebody in Salzburg is, the guy in Salzburg wants to sell more and more, especially in the USA and the rest I've written in my previous post.... :wink:
And Doornbos brings some money with him, but that's peanuts, it's not of any importance.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Coloni
GP2 Starter

Post by Coloni »

hehe, I'm sorry about Hamilton. I'm more into F1 history than other racing classes. I knew he was a big talent and won the GP2-series. Altough those aren't a guarantee for doing well in F1, just look at all the F3000-champions of the past, most of them didn't make it.

Plus I think it's very difficult to make your debut for a topteam like mclaren next to the world champion
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

A German magazine called 'auto motor und sport' reports today that McLaren could give Hamilton a race contract, but without a guarantee he's going to drive all 19 races in 2007 - so in case he doesn't perform the way the team expects him to, they could take him out of play and go with De la Rosa for the time being.

It's still unconfirmed though, so it might not be true... ;-)

Edit 24.11.06 16:59: It's been confirmed that Hamilton will drive alongside Alonso in 2007.
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

Good luck to him, but I don't think he'll be up there next year. He may prove me wrong. 2007 could be Kimi's year, if Ferrari gives him the right car.
As for the rookies I think Kovalainen will be the revelation of the year. Fisi may find himself second best to him.