Ferrari F2007 launch

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Ferrari F2007 launch

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Very nice :D - and I'm not a Ferrari fan!

In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

I already said it:
Wow! The Ferrari looks really agressive! Nice, wonderful, awesome! I feel how I get in love with it! :lol:
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Just noticed AD posted inside another post. Pity, I think all launches deserve their own threads so we can comment on them.

I like this Ferrari. Perhaps it's the yellow in the air intakes that's making me like it! (Like the Dodge Viper in Gran Turismo - Red/Yellow). But they'll take them out when racing so it'll look Red like other Ferrari's
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Yes, the yellow is a good contrast. On the second pic you can se, with a big fantasy, a face :wink:

I think they should some yellow parts!
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'm actually a little bit overwhelmed... somehow words are missing. What I can say is that I think it's good the changed the livery that much, it shows that a new chapter has begun.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Yes, Marlboro is still one of the main sponsors. As far as I know they elongated the contract for some further years not so long ago.

And did you recognize: The car is called F200x again, not F1 248 anymore!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

They said something about historic-connection between Marlboro and F1.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I really like the "no white" kind of style of this car. The Marlboro symbols/stripes make the car look a bit more artsy; I think having these white empty spaces like last year was more of a distraction.

It's a nice coincidence that this falls together with Schumacher retiring and this whole new era for Ferrari beginning. You know it, and now you can kind of see it, too. :)

(Obviously, the front and rear wing of the car have just been taken from the 248 and will be replaced by some kind of new aero package until/before Melbourne, but that's business as usual for Ferrari, like the last couple of years. ;-))
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

GP2 - the reason why Marlboro still sponsor Ferrari is apparently because Marlboro is such a well-recognised brand throughout the world, they don't actually need the wording or anything on the car, everyone knows that Marlboro sponsor Ferrari so just seeing the car is enough to make people think about Marlboro! It's very clever marketing from the Marlboro people to have such a strong connection between team and product.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

And by the way, the new Ferrari kind of looks like if someone had tried to convert the Ducati MotoGP bike to GP2...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That's very true... and by the way... ;-)

Link: http://shraggy.blogger.de/getfile?name=kimi07
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new livery?
I'm really surprised....
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I'm not really sure if I like it... it's probably too much red! When I saw the pics first I thought that it is a toy car made out of plastic. :?
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

There are certain colours that don't lend themselves well to "all one colour" single-seaters, completely red cars just don't look right! they need to have white or black wings or something to break up the colour a bit. Having said that, I quite like the Ferrari...
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

The red itself will probably look a bit different with natural light, because these pictures were obviously taken somewhere inside the factory with some kind of neon lighting... that might explain why it looks very vibrant... ;-)