F1 2010

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Re: F1 2010

Post by HF »

@ MäxX: I'd read that they will use this name 'cause they signed the CA very late. If they would have changed the name, they wouln'n be allowed to get the TV and sponsoring money by Bernie....

The Virgin car is awesome. I'm painting the car right now 'cause it is the best car I've seen so far.

SO THIS IS MY CURRENT AND NEW RANKING:

1) Virgin
2) BMW Sauber
3) Mercedes Grand Prix
4) Renault F1
5) McLaren Mercedes
6) STR
7) Ferrari
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Sometimes the F1 can be really funny =D> :lol:
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The Campos Meta and USF1 vs Stefan Grand Prix thing is really making me annoyed.

Why can't all three teams race?? Then we can have a full carset!!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

This issue and then this thing with Force India... F1 is weird! :?
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

The best for me is the Renault one... quite shocking at first, but very recognizeable. Very elegant the McLaren one, whereas is a little bit... anonymous the Mercedes GP one. I do not bother to comment the Ferrari livery at all... :-#
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I actually quite like the Ferrari... Reminds me of their 1970's cars that had white on. Seems I'm in a minority of one though :lol:

Hope Campos Meta and USF1 do make it, although you've got to give Stefan GP 10 out of 10 for effort. It would be nice if those efforts were recognised by giving them a 14th slot. I do think it's unfair that Bernard Charles is favouring certain efforts over others though, not sure that's right.

Here's a daft idea that might just work though: Assuming that Campos Meta and USF1 do make the grid and Stefan are left on the sidelines, why not organise some "young driver days" to give up-and-coming hotshoes some testing time in an F1 car, with Stefan conducting the tests? Then the current teams can use their limited testing to best effect, there'll be a replacement driver if an "active" driver is injured (or runs out of cash, as might happen this season with the return of pay drivers), and if a team pulls out for next season there's a team ready to step into the breach with a season of testing under their belts?
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

The new car of today ;)

Force India - Mercedes:

I like the nose. The mix of white green and orange is better than the mix of the last years car.
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Greyhead wrote:Hope Campos Meta and USF1 do make it, although you've got to give Stefan GP 10 out of 10 for effort. It would be nice if those efforts were recognised by giving them a 14th slot. I do think it's unfair that Bernard Charles is favouring certain efforts over others though, not sure that's right.

Here's a daft idea that might just work though: Assuming that Campos Meta and USF1 do make the grid and Stefan are left on the sidelines, why not organise some "young driver days" to give up-and-coming hotshoes some testing time in an F1 car, with Stefan conducting the tests? Then the current teams can use their limited testing to best effect, there'll be a replacement driver if an "active" driver is injured (or runs out of cash, as might happen this season with the return of pay drivers), and if a team pulls out for next season there's a team ready to step into the breach with a season of testing under their belts?
Too damn right!! After all, aren't the FIA supposed to be concerned with us fans right about now?

I still say they should let them race! The more the merrier. Why not let them try?
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well, I prefer Campos and USF1. Next year a new team will be allowed I think...

The Red Bull - Renault:
Mh, well - looks like the old one!?
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

No big changes at RB and FI, but the cars are not bad looking.

Well, Campos and US can hopefully make it, but the cars will most likely not be competitive I think. When there is not enough money to secure the cars running, how should they have enough money for fast cars? But I still hope that well have them on the grid ASAP [-o<
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

If Campos will make it to the grid they will have a relatively competitive car I guess, because it's built by Dallara. I guess they will be behind Lotus and Virgin, but in front of USF1, because USF1 could have some problems with the pace, I think. Still good for both of them, that the 107%-rule doesn't exist anymore (as far as I know!)!

The new cars look all very good (refering to the liveries). But today I recognized that the Sauber is the ugliest of all 2010 cars.

And this is a good pic to show, that the dimensions of the 2008 cars looked much better: Image
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

The other thing I've noticed is that McLaren and Ferrari both have aerodynamic bargeboards in front of their sidepods.

ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL NOW????

Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

The technical regulations are the same of 2009, except for fuel related issues.
As far as I remember, it is forbidden to have any aerodynamic component in front of the rear wheels (i.e. attached to the back of the sidepods), and nothing has been said for the space in front of the sidepods, but maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway, I think that it would be a gross mistake... I mean, with all the problems with technical rules in 2009 (like the in-famous "hole" on the rear of the car), I bet this year the constructors would not make such "interpretations".
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

In regards to the bargeboards in front of the sidepods, it all depends on how you site them. I can't remember the exact details but I think there is an area that extends so far behind the front wheels where you can't have any bodywork. With the shorter wheelbases of last year's cars, the front of the sidepod would have been right up against this area in order to accomodate the radiators (and KERS), but with the wheelbases of all the cars increased thanks to the larger fuel tanks, I imagine the designers can move the sidepods back a little to make room for a bargeboard, especially as there's no need to fit the KERS batteries in the sidepods any more.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Here it is: the first F1 car by Lotus since 1994.
Lotus F1 2010.jpg
I think it looks awesome!!