F1 2010

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

F1 2010

Post by HF »

Hey, I just want you to decide which car is the nicest by now.

Have a look on them:

Renault - Renault:

Well, this livery reminds me of the good old "30 ANS" livery by Renault. Quite nice ;)

BMW Sauber - Ferrari:

The old livery just with white-red-black. nice combination of colours but how will it look like with sponsors?

Mclaren - Mercedes:

Is ther any difference to the old livery of 2009? :D (yeah! no Henkel)

Ferrari - Ferrari:

W3ll, ugylest car I've seen so far. The nose seems to be endless...
And why is ther that f***in' logo in the inside of the wing in the back? ;)

Mercedes - Mercedes:

This car is very nice too. Dunno why but I like it (WITH MSC oO)

SO THIS IS MY RANKING:

1) BMW Sauber
2) Mercedes Grand Prix
3) McLaren Mercedes
4) Renault F1
5) Ferrari
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Re: F1 2010

Post by jakesanson »

Looking at the back of the McLaren, it looks like the kind of F1 car I was drawing in the back of my Maths book aged 12!!! For that reason alone it's my fave!!

I do like the nostalgia of the Renault, but the Sauber thing bugs me a bit. I heard today on gpupdate.net that they're not changing the name of the team. It'll still be called BMW Sauber F1 Team even though there's a Ferrari engine in it!! How does THAT work???

The Mercedes is a bit too bland for such an exciting team, and I agree with you. The Ferrari is way too OTT. Was that rear wing Santander logo Alonso's idea????
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I love the Renault. If only they could have persuaded Total to display their logos in black and yellow it'd be great. After all, Jaguar managed to fit all their sponsor logos into a green/white colour scheme, so it can be done. It did bother me when I read about the launch on Autosport.com though: they claimed it harked back to when Renault first entered in 1978. Did they not enter at Silverstone 1977 or did I imagine that? :lol:

I also like the kind of plain look of the Merc, it's not fussy or pretentious, it's just "there".
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

jakesanson wrote:Was that rear wing Santander logo Alonso's idea????
Lukely we can't paint that part of the car in Gp2! :D

My Favourite:
1. Sauber, plain and simple, but i love it
2. Renault, Yellow and Black, best color combination i can imagine
3. Mercedes, looks "special" in some way
|
|
|
?. Ferrari, McLaren; Nothing special, and the white on the Ferrari doesn't fit that well.... :(
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The 2009 spec cars with their weird wings already looked silly. Now that the cars have become longer they look even more weird. I think the 2010 F1-cars are the ungliest car-generation since I follow the Formula One and maybe the ugliest of all times. Their shapes look awful, they kind of remind me at the terrible looking first A1GP cars!! :-&

I would really like all those small extra wings to come back. And wings with right dimensions!

The new liveries all look good. I especially like the Renault, I think the red is a nice contrast. The Sauber has a nice colour scheme as well and what I like especially about it, is that you can see the pure carbon-fibre of the wings. Haven't seen that since 1996 (Ferrari) or maybe 1998 (Arrows).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

V12-Power wrote:The 2009 spec cars with their weird wings already looked silly. Now that the cars have become longer they look even more weird. I think the 2010 F1-cars are the ungliest car-generation since I follow the Formula One and maybe the ugliest of all times. Their shapes look awful, they kind of remind me at the terrible looking first A1GP cars!! :-&
Too right!! We were complaining about the way the F1 cars were looking throughout the 2000s and that we needed to change to improve the racing, but hang on:

Brazil 2001
Brazil 2003
Britain 2003
Monaco 2004
Japan 2005
Hungary 2006
Europe 2007
Japan 2007
China 2007
Canada 2008
Britain 2008
Belgium 2008
Singapore 2008
Brazil 2008

What was wrong with any of these races??????

How many races in 2009 had that spark?? Not many.......
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well, today, the first day of Valencia, STR showed us thier car.

STR - Ferrari:

Well the heck looks like 2008/2009...
but the nose remembers me of the Monaco Red Bull in 2008 (?) :lol:

Mercedes Grand Prix made up thier NEW car:

I like the nose :)
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I like the red total logos and mirrors.

My Favourites:
Renault
Sauber
Mercedes
-
-
Mclaren Image
Ferrari Image

@F.K. :Is the Sauber livery your work?
ImageImage
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

@AAS: I have to admit that the BMW was some kind of inspiration for my design back there. :lol:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

First of all, I really adore the variant of the classic livery Renault went back to. It's nice to have a livery with yellow being a major color again, even simply in the interest of variety.

When I first saw the cars Ferrari and McLaren presented, I was really surprised by how significantly the cars' length, wheelbase and the like had been affected by the fuel tank - and how easy it was to see it. Subjectively, I immediately liked the look of the longer / more massive rear ends of the cars. It's compelling, on the other hand, to see how much those early presentations made a lot of people unsure whether the car Renault showed yesterday actually was a 2010-spec car (turns out it was - although front and rear wings were changed to a new, more sophisticated spec at the shakedown today).

Sauber, at least for the time being, seems somewhat intent to emphasise that there is no breach of continuity despite BMW pulling out of the sport at the end of last year. I think it's easy to come up with commercial considerations that could play a part in this. It's interesting to see to which lengths they're going on this, as the livery design is almost identical with that of previous years, only the dark blue changed to a matte grey.

In terms of subjective preferences, I really also enjoy that some drivers are turning up with new or altered helmet designs. I've gotten more interested in helmet art over the course of the past year or so, so it's another interesting little aspect of these days for me.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

WOW!!

Take a look at the new Virgon F1 car!! Sweet as!!

HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Mhh, I like it :)
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

It looks great! Reminds me of Justin Wilson's Dale Coyne IndyCar from last season. I love that pointed nose.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Virgin Racing:
My favorite livery so far, really awesome =D>

Sauber:
Allthough I prefer the fictional GP2 version I also like this car ;) Let`s see how it will look like with sponsors on it. Will the team really be called BMW Sauber-Ferrari`? *lol

Renault:
I like they use the yellow/black liveries again. I used the Renault aniversary livery in the interim 2010 carset and now things don`t change that much for me ;)

Mercedes:
I like the livery, hope the car will be fast

Toro Rosso:
As the RB cars always used to be. Not spectacular, not ugly.

McLaren:
I didn`t like the swithing of the black colors with red and so this livery is not one of my favs

Ferrari:
OMG, the rear wing white....totally ugly. It doesn`t really fit in there IMHO.
Last edited by MaxX on 03.02.2010, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Virgin Racing has the best looking car so far! Shape and livery are awesome!! =D> I hope for them, that it is as fast as it looks.

Really Hot!! 8)