Many action outside the track this year`s F1 season

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Many action outside the track this year`s F1 season

Post by MaxX »

Bernies` divorcement, Mosley`s scandals, the FOTA-Mosley-crisis, driver dismissions, Mercedes wants Rosberg - Hamilton and so McLaren vetoes, RedBull wants Mercedes - McLaren vetoes, Mercedes get rid of McLaren and buys Brawn and hopefully Rosberg gets the car he deserves, Virgin quits sponsorship with Brawn and buys into Manor; which might be renamed, BMW quits and due the Lotus joinment there are maybe 14 teams now, Piquet takes revenge and Renault kicks Briatore and Symonds...

Well, what comes next??? If such an amount of action woul dbe in the races, we all would be happy...
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: Many action outside the track this year`s F1 season

Post by AD »

There is a lot of stuff going on besides the racing, detracting from the sport, actually, I agree. Especially the kinds of scandals that can and do damage the sport's reputation and credibility.

However, I'd see teams and manufacturers aligning with different partners and drivers in a much different light. Some of those discussions, especially in the "It would be inappropriate for us to talk about this right now"-rumors-floating phase, can be distractive as well, but it's necessary evil there won't always be stability.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The driver discussions don`t distract me at all, I truly hope for a competitive car for Rosberg next year :D
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

I see a lot of things. I see spies, I see bad people trying to win in illegal way, I see lots of politics, and lot$ of money$$.
But NONE of these things are related to real "racing". And this makes me sad.
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Yeah it would definitely be nice to get the focus back on the on-track action. Especially as some of the racing this year has been pretty good.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!