Fisichella in Ferrari

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Nascar
GP2 Newbie

Fisichella in Ferrari

Post by Nascar »

Exist a new Carset with the new arrival on Ferrari Fisichella?
facu989x
GP2 Newbie

Re: Fisichella in Ferrari

Post by facu989x »

Hmm i dont think so...maybe we should wait a couple days or maybe the next week. But, if you use GP2EDIT you can put in a 2009 Carset, a Fisico helmet on Massa slot....Only a noob idea :D
"Next week we're turning professionals" -
Deep Purple in 70's
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I imagine NL2 will come up with it after the Italian GP.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I'm delighted for him.. He totally deserves it. So does Liuzzi getting Fisico's drive. Bye bye Badoer. We won't miss ya much....
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Greyhead wrote:I imagine NL2 will come up with it after the Italian GP.
Sure we do! :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

This is a great opportunity for Fisichella, even if his preparation is simulator only, too, obviously, due to the ban on in-season testing. Another reason to be looking forward to the Monza weekend. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Good on Fisichella, but does anyone else find it a bit strange how he's had one spectacular race and suddenly he's the new Messiah? I mean, we all know he's capable of great performances but it's not like they come every two weeks.
Good chance for Liuzzi, he never really got a fair crack of the whip under Red Bull tutelage, he's better than he looked during his time there. And with the car looking better all the time he should do well, despite the testing restrictions.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Greyhead wrote:Good on Fisichella, but does anyone else find it a bit strange how he's had one spectacular race and suddenly he's the new Messiah?
Yeah, I think new messiah is a bit too high an expectation, too. He seems to be Ferrari's most attractive solution on the short term, though, in terms of being able to expect a reasonable performance and being able to satisfy their national audience. I don't think putting any young driver not previously associated with Ferrari in the car would have done much good, even if some people have been advocating such a kind of move instead...
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Personally I'd have gone for Piquet, he's a known quantity (although a right moaning brat), and he wouldn't have needed to be bought of a contract either. Then if he's hopeless nobody's lost anything, and if he's quick he resurrects his career and Ferrari get two quick cars. Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Fisichella, but it seems there are plenty of other drivers around with recent F1 experience who would be easy to pick up on a short term contract. Piquet is one, then there's Anthony Davidson, Takuma Sato...
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

All the drivers listed (Piquet, Davidson, Sato) in my opinion does not share with Fisichella the same experience and maybe talent - that being said I always preferred Trulli to Fisichella in terms of consistency and speed. Fisichella knows how to race quick, but his performances are tied to how he woke up in the morning.
Consider also that Vijay Mallya owes Ferrari 4.5 million (dollars or euros I do not know) for 2008 engine supplying, and that Liuzzi has a clause on his contract that lets him take part in some races or bye bye contract.
Add the fact that Fisichella has always dreamt of being a Ferrari driver, and that he will not ask for too many things in 2010 (contract etc) as he will probably step out of F1.
And add the last fact that Fisichella is Italian, on an Italian car, at the Italian GP... everything makes sense.
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well apparently Fisichella has also signed to be Ferrari's test and reserve driver for 2010, but they're keeping on Badoer and Gene as test drivers too, which I don't quite understand... If one test driver can't get any miles under his belt, how are three going to?

Also Vijay Mallya denies that the old Ferrari engine contract that FI are still paying off has anything to do with it as it's a separate matter. Presumably that concerns Jean Todt's arm of the company, rather than the Ferrari race team, as the deal was made with him.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Having adding up to three test drivers would seem like a peculiar move, I agree. What I actually expected after the current testing regulations that with some teams, we might not see a test driver nominated at all for coming seasons.

A way that I could imagine it is that they would focus on Fisichella as "third" and possible reserve driver, while the other two do some simulator work and otherwise take some of the bulk of road demos / that kind of stuff. We'll see. In any way, Ferrari doesn't seem short of drivers for the time being... :roll:
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Well no, I guess having about thirty drivers to choose from is better than having none...

Kind of reminds me of the situation Williams had in 2001, when they had Button, Montoya and Ralf Schumacher all under contract and vying for race seats plus I think they had an option on Darren Manning and Jorg Muller as well...
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Greyhead wrote:Well no, I guess having about thirty drivers to choose from is better than having none...
Replace "drivers" with "contracts" and you'll have Jean Alesi's thoughts in 1990! :lol: :wink:

I think Fisichella is the perfect replacement. A man you has proved what he is able to and most important an italian. To take a young driver who has not shown his talent in F1 yet (I also count in Piquet there), has never been the Ferrari-way. I hope they can have some sucess together.

But today I'll cross my fingers for Sutil and Force India!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

After some time Fisi will deliver better results, that`s for sure. Nice to see Liuzzi being back, IMO he was not able to show what he really is able to do at his time with RB/TR.

AND I hope Kimi does NOT continue being Adrian`s personal Nemesis :roll: