Massa Crash Hungary 2009

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Massa Crash Hungary 2009

Post by TdK »

Only click if you want to: :?
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/etusiv ... 755338.jpg

:shock: A bit lower, and he would be blind! :shock:

All the best for Massa [-o<
Last edited by TdK on 26.07.2009, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Re: Massa Crash Hungary 2009

Post by MaxD »

I think if it had hit in the visor itself, he'd be dead.
Look at the damage to the helmet - it's destroyed at the impact spot. There's no way his visor would have absorbed the same amount of damage.
F1 has had a miraculous deliverance. Massa is VERY lucky. I remember a little known Mexican F2 driver being killed by a stone thrown into his visor from a car infront - it's just a matter of luck as to where you get hit...

I just hope F1 doesn't have a over-reaction to this by demanding closed cockpits etc etc. Lets remember that Surtees and Massa's incidents are probably the only ones to have occured of this nature in Europe since Imola 1994. 1/1,000,000 chance...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
quicknick85
GP2 Newbie

Post by quicknick85 »

please take out this pic
its bad enough that some newspapers use it.

if you are injured, the last thing what you want is to see pictures like this everywhere.
please have respect for felippe and his family
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Certainly not one of the last things I wanted to see before going on holiday. Hopefully, Massa will fully recover in time. I hope no one's going to rush any comeback stories for the time being. Given the circumstances, he could be fortunate to be alive.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

quicknick85 wrote:please take out this pic
its bad enough that some newspapers use it.

if you are injured, the last thing what you want is to see pictures like this everywhere.
please have respect for felippe and his family
Sorry if it's offending you, or you don't like it. But it was just to show how lucky he is!
I will remove the picture. :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
Antonio Pessoa
GP2 Gamer

Post by Antonio Pessoa »

This picture, took by a Finn television/photographer, was fully shown on brazilian motorsports websites yesterday and today, before the race.

Here in Brazil the televisions and websites (I still can't see what's up on the newspapers) are covering all about the Felipe's accident.

But I believe he's recovering so well. The F1 Brazilian Grand Prix doctor, Dino Altmann, travelled to Hungary yesterday and today he meet Massa on the Hospital, and he said there's not death risk for Massa, just a edema on the front part of his brain, and the Ferrari driver will be on coma till tuesday for better recovering, as recommends the medical standards for this type of edema.

Probably he'll back for the races on the end of the year. The hungarian doctors wake up Massa from coma just for few moments to realize the patient's reaction, and all they said Massa reacted so well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GP2 TrackMaker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

That was truly bad, I hope he can recover soon.

That accident was one more proof that the efforts to increase the safety are worth every cent!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Now that Massa seems to recover full, let's talk about his replacement.

My guess is that Gene will by in the car at Valencia, as he's the best driver available short-term.

But after that my hope is still, that Michael Schumacher will return. And which circuit would be more fitting for a MS-comeback than Spa?? Okay, maybe Monza, but that's the race directly after Spa. So the calendar looks perfect for his comeback.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I`m also thinking of Gene for the next race due Ferrari never used Badoer in such circumstances and his last race is more than 10 years in the past.

If Ferrari was a car fighting for the world championship or the victory in races maybe Schumi would return, but just for points I doubt it. He quited on the top and pulling a Mansell 94/95 would damage his reputation. If Ferrari keeps on improving like McLaren, maybe you`re right
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

I hope MS comes back, but from a realistic point of view he has MANY reasons against it.
Ferrari is not competitive, plus this is a car not developing anymore in the future. He just have to drive, and bring home points. That's simply unrealistic if we consider who MS is.
It's not a question if Gené is a good driver or not (I think he is), he's just the right driver compared to Ferrari 2009 goals (3rd place on constructor's championship).
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Personally I reckon it'll be Alonso in the Ferrari at Valencia. Renault have been suspended from that race and I can't see him missing a home GP, particularly as he is pretty much the only reason this race exists! OK, so Renault aren't going to be very keen to let him go, especially with all the rumours about Piquet Jr, obviously they'd much rather only replace one driver than two, but we've seen before that a big fat cheque can makes certain problems disappear. It would be interesting to see Grosjean vs. Piquet as well.

Gene or Badoer are probably more likely, but I've just got the feeling that Alonso will engineer his way in there.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Of course, as soon as I write that, Ferrari announce Schumacher as Massa's stand-in.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelieveable..... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
It's a dream! :D
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Gabriele
GP2 Starter

Post by Gabriele »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D :D :D :D [-o< [-o< [-o< \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
"When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."
Ayrton Senna Da Silva

Currently working on MotoGP 500 season 1991 (converted to Gp2)
MotoGP 500 season 1990 done.
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I didn`t think that this would happen, but a 40 year old Schumi winning in Spa would be awesome. Depends on how good the car is, at current state I think he would be very happy with a podium.