2010 entry list

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

2010 entry list

Post by Greyhead »

Manor Grand Prix? I don't think anyone saw that coming.

For me this is a real story. Those of you who follow motorsport down to F3 or FRenault level will have heard of Manor. Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton both drove for them on their way up to F1, and they are the nearest team to where I live (they used to be based about ten miles up the road from me) so I have followed their fortunes for a while. And for those Simtek fans out there, there's a link to them as well. Former Simtek boss Nick Wirth's company is involved with the design of the car.

As for the rest of it, not really any surprises other than Prodrive not being involved. Glad to see USF1 in after all their preparation, and I don't think anyone really expected the current teams to not be featured. Of course, there could be an opportunity for Prodrive if BMW or another team pulls out. Glad to see the pseudo-Lotus and Brabham teams didn't get in. Definitely a hint of Andrea Moda about them.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: 2010 entry list

Post by MaxX »

Nice to have 26 cars again in the field :)
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Seconded!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Somewhat surprising selection of the three teams coming in, the "Naturally,..." predictions by some publications I've read before were distinctly different, apart from getting the American project right.

I wasn't surprised to see all of the current teams on the list, but I somehow think there'll continue to be some stories about that... :roll:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Let`s see how this one`s developing but I think Prodrive and the others should not put too many hopes in an ev. second chance.

Well, this will be the first GP2-season since 1994 where there won`t be any (grid filling) Simtek in the starting grid, quite unfamiliar :D
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

MäxX wrote:Nice to have 26 cars again in the field :)
That means another thing to: Gp3 and Gp4 players have a problem! They have to miss 2 teams in their game!
Long live Gp2 because of the ability for 14 teams! \:D/
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

MäxX wrote:Well, this will be the first GP2-season since 1994 where there won`t be any (grid filling) Simtek in the starting grid, quite unfamiliar :D
There will be, however, a team involving Simtek's Nick Wirth, so it's not a complete discontinuity, I guess. :D

It's good, though. GP4 has 11 teams, so modding there won't easily be able to give players a full grid. So older is better, sometimes...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yes, you`re totally right! GP4 doesn`t work on my PC, so I haven`t thought of that possibility so far :)
AD wrote: ...
So older is better, sometimes...
=D>
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Here are 2 pictures I took yesterday at Zandvoort of this future F1 team:

I wouldn't mind them to take part in F1, as long as Nick Wirth is involved and the cars are predominantly black.... :wink:

Next year no spare teams/cars in Grand Prix 2, I don't know if that's such a good thing, it means more work.....( #-o ](*,) [-( ) :lol:
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I've seen those trucks go past my house before! :D

The livery of the car looks great, but I remember the horrendous black and green one they had in British F3 in 2000 when they took Antonio Pizzonia to the title. It looked like someone had been sick on it.