[Round 4] Bahrain 2009

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 4] Bahrain 2009

Post by MaxX »

Wow, time goes by pretty fast. Now we are in the 4th GP of the year and the T3 of the last year are under pressure not to lose to much ground.

Rosberg ahead in the fist practice, maybe they can change their power for a good result? I still expect BGP and RBR to be the strongest, while RBR should closely followed by Toyota and maybe Rosberg (I intenionally don`t say Williams because Nakajima is more in the midfield).

Let`s see what happens and who gets the pole :D
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 4] Bahrain 2009

Post by AD »

Toyota front row, well done. Obviously, we'll still have to look into fuel capacities, but I think that was a nice display of the kind of potential they have. (And, probably, being able to do extensive testing at Bahrain during the winter didn't hurt, either). :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The race was really nice to watch and JB alongside with the BGP tactic engineers made a great job. The passing of HAM was the key to victory, due VET and TRU struggled in the traffic. I don`t understand why they called Barrichello in, he was in good porition keeping in touch with the drivers in front.

Well, the first points for Ferrari, but I doubt that they are satisfied with the outcome of the race ;) BMW was dissapointing, I hope they can make it better in the next races.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

They called Barrichello in so he wouldn't lose time stuck behind the Trulli/Vettel/Hamilton train, plus Brawn were pretty marginal on cooling in this race so if he was in the wake of those three cars the engine would have probably blown itself to smithereens.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

What a race that was!!!!!

I didn't think Jenson was gonna win that one. Toyota were my favourites but Glock not Trulli for the simple fact that Jarno always seems to drop off during races and Glock is improving race by race.
Nice to see Lewis competitive again and even better to see him being passed in such a manner by Button.

I have to say guys, i've been a fan of Jenson from the start and never once lost belief that he has the capabilities to win races consistantly and a title or two. And the guy deserves everything he is getting at the moment. I had tears in my eyes seeing him on the podium and hearing my national anthem playing for a guy I've liked and respected for many years.
Well done Jenson - you don't half deserve it my son!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Somehwat strategic race this time, but it's natural, given that there was no rain, safety cars or other kinds of randomness. Button did an impressive job, I spent some time trying to see how the Toyotas lost as much time as they did. Apparently, their tire choice was an element in that.

Now, the big development race should pick up some speed. Let's see how things look at Barcelona.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..