[Round 3] Shanghai 2003

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 3] Shanghai 2003

Post by MaxX »

The most 2 interesting decissions will be before the race:

Will the Diffusors be allowed and does Hamilton get an additional penalty...

For the race itself I expect Brawn as strong as recently and Ferrari and McLaren in the points. Maybe this gets as exciting as in 2007, who knows. Let`s hope the best and let`s hope the best decissions for the sport in the 2 FIAsco things
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Re: [Round 3] Shanghai 2003

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:Diffusers are legal.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1338.shtml
This is very nice! Now let's wait which team can build it's own diffuser like the Brawn one fastest.. xD
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I think that is a good decission, this lets us enjoy the current messed up classement a little bit longer. But I doubt that the diffuser can be solely responsible for the current results of Ferrari and McLaren.

Brawn should now try to get as much points as possible, the Imperium will strike back in he 2nd part of the season ;)
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

MäxX wrote:Brawn should now try to get as much points as possible, the Imperium will strike back in he 2nd part of the season ;)
I don't know, the advantage may very well sustain, as you say, it's not only the diffusor that makes the difference. Perhaps Brawn GP is a new hope (uuuhh...) for Formula 1 :)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

A good decision! That shows that true racing still exists in my view.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Not just true racing, but innovation as well! If the decision had gone the way of the protestors it would have been a nail in the coffin of lateral thinking. Colin Chapman would be spinning in his grave!

But as Stefano Domenicali pointed out today, why the hell did it take so long to come to a conclusion?

Anyway, all that's behind us now (hopefully), fingers crossed for another exciting race this weekend.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's unfortunate that such a definitive decision took so much time to reach, I agree, but at least now, the matter seems settled, obviously the teams without such a diffuser on the car will have to adapt.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

Well, Button was fastest today, non of the Ferrari's in the top 10, McLaren struggling still, although Hamilton was fastest in the 1st practice. We could see another Button victory on Sunday.
They think it's all over ... it is now!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Hi all. Just got up and switched on the race coverage. Looking awful for Ferrari again, but things look pretty sweet for Red Bull, Fernando Alonso and Brawn GP. If I had to name a driver to win, it would be Vettel since the conditions have deteriorated. They are very wet and windy. It could end up being a straight fight between Vettel and Barrichello, who just looks a little more fired up for this one.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

This was a really great race. I totally enjoyed watching it :)

Vettel, Webber and RBR - GREAT JOB!!! Nice to see you there. BGP did the best they were able to - you can't drive agrassif in the rain if you don't have spare-noses etc... :lol: Kovalainen and then Hamilton?! I think this is the wrong order but nice to see that the McLaren gets more and more drivable.... Glock did his best and saved at least some points for Toyota, who had bad luck (Kubica vs. Trulli). The last but not least - who reached the point-positions - was Buemi. He seems to be a very talented guy. He's now the 3rd Sebastian (or Sebastien) who races a STR and I think this name seems to be closly connected with talent... Here are some new STR and than RBR driver:(?) Sebastian Hohental (SWE - F2 driver) or Sébastien Loeb (FRA - Rally champion but too old?!)... let's face the future...
- . -
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Buemi's arrival in F1 has got me thinking: who was the last Swiss driver to score points? As far as I know it was Jo Siffert in about 1971 but surely it can't be that long ago. I highly doubt that Jean-Denis Delatraz managed to trouble the scorers...
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
canon1753
GP2 Newbie

Post by canon1753 »

Marc Surer? 1985 with Arrows? Last Win was probably Reggazoni British GP 1979
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

This was an awesome race, many overtakes and really nice to watch. =D>

Congrats to the Red Bull team, they did a great job and Vettel truly showed once more his talent. Truly a driver, which might have a great future.

Brawn did once more a solid job but where pretty outpaced today, I still believe the car is still the fastest on the lot but the gap to Red Bull without the diffuser is pretty small. Barrichello once more had bad luck with pace car and pitstop, some things will never change. I think there could be a Ferrari revival, with the teammate ordered to win the chamionship and the races :-$

Hamilton made many great overtakes but also many mistakes. Their would have been more possible, but at least points once more. Ferrari on the other side made another step in the wrong direction, Massa out and Raikonnen outpaced...an even bader season start than in the grim year 1992 :-k

Alonso lost the race with the early pitstop, he was not able to catch up with RBR or BGP but points could have been possible. I hope Williams and BMW can score some more points in the next race.

It`s nice to have 2 different winning manufacturers in the first 3 races which never would have been expected
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

canon1753 wrote:Marc Surer? 1985 with Arrows? Last Win was probably Reggazoni British GP 1979
Of course! For some reason I always seem to think that Regga was Italian, even though I know he was Swiss!

And Marc Surer had completely slipped my mind. :?