[Round 3] Shanghai 2003

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 3] Shanghai 2003

Post by AD »

Regazzoni's last win was Silverstone 1979, Surer's last points were 1985 at Monza, driving a Brabham. ;-)

It was a nice race, in my opinion. Just seeing the cars appear out of the mist and spray on the long straight was interesting, you really couldn't see very much, especially at the beginning.

Vettel drove a great race, but I was positively surprised by Buemi's performance (ignoring that slip-up with almost rear-ending Vettel during the SC :)). He was pretty much up in the points from early on and managed to take one home without making too many major mistakes. Massa seemed to be doing a good job until his car gave up on him, too, proceeding forward into third place, even. Hamilton had four goofs, if I counted correctly, where he lost a few positions a few times, so he would've had the chance to finish in front of Kovalainen, had he been able to keep it together - which, of course, under these conditions, is a hard thing to do. All the more reason to compliment Vettel for that confident, yet safe enough drive at the front. That's exactly how this kind of race is won, I guess. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..