[Round 2] Kuala Lumpur 2009

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 2] Kuala Lumpur 2009

Post by MaxX »

Things go fast as we are in for the second race of this season.

Hopefully Brawn can keep up their past performances and be good for the victory again. I expect Ferrari and especially McLaren to become stronger every race so it will be harder for Brawn in the midseason to win races.

Let`s see what happens
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 2] Kuala Lumpur 2009

Post by AD »

Another race result provisional until the 14th, yay!

Seriously, everyone seems to be calculating with some pouring rain this weekend, because of the afternoon/evening running time of the race, at least. So I guess that will be interesting. On top of that, it's the first "proper", permanent race track, so as usual, some distances between teams and the like will probably differ a bit from Melbourne. Let's see.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Do NOT forget to take part in the tipp game! formel.php
- . -
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

AD wrote:Seriously, everyone seems to be calculating with some pouring rain this weekend, because of the afternoon/evening running time of the race, at least. So I guess that will be interesting.
It won't - I can't remember one race in Malaysia where there has been no rain expectance (<--- is that even a word?). Well, again Button on pole, I don't like this. But anyways, I guess tomorrow will be quite an interesting race, would be a surprise for Sepang. I would say that the victory will be decided between Brawn GP, Toyota and Rosberg.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

There's always been a risk, true, but since the race is starting much later this year for the first time, it's allegedly a bit more likely to rain during that time. Besides, I remember a race in 2001 with some water falling from the sky and Ferraris hastily getting to the pits to change tires, or am I just coming back from a parallel universe? :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Let`s hope for a dramatic race :)

P.S.: I`m not good at such exact predictions of the Top 8 in such games but I think JB has a great chance of winning his second race ;)
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

Good call to stop the race. Bernie is an idiot who doesn't care about the general public, only cares about his bank balance.

Don't start the race at 5pm again, guys!!!

Great news for Jenson to win again. I thought it was hilarious that Lewis didn't know that he was 7th not 5th:

Lee MacKenzie: "Lewis, 7th place today. How difficult was that race?"

Lewis Hamilton: "It was 5th, wasn't it? (to his engineer) Was it 7th or 5th?"
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The race before the stop was pretty excitieing with much overtakeing. Seems like the current F1 goes in a good direction, at least in that point. The diffuser thing will be interesting, due Brawn, Toyota and Williams showed a great pase before the rain came....

It would have been far to dangerous to restart the race and the decission was totally right. Next time the race should be startet earlier...About Bernie`s bank balance...well being divorced from his wife he seems to need some money again :lol:

For me Timo Glock is the man of the race, he was on the right tires at the right time. A well deserved podium, allthough there would have been more possible.

Seems like mcLaren and Ferrari have many work to do in order to be on the top again. But they did just lose half of the points today, so nothing is lost at the moment
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

The best scene was when Hamilton tryed to dry his cockpit on his own xD
- . -
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

MäxX wrote:For me Timo Glock is the man of the race, he was on the right tires at the right time. A well deserved podium, allthough there would have been more possible.
I totally agree. But Jenson is a close second. That Brawn doesn't half have some juice!!!
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Interesting to think that if Honda had continued with the car that became the Brawn, they would have been unlikely to have won either race as they'd have been saddled with their own asthmatic engine rather than the benchmark Merc unit...

Brawn are now the first team ever to have won their first two races (unless you count Alfa Romeo in 1950). What chance a third in a row?

Great call from Glock to go for inters rather than full wets at first. Mind you, we know what he's like with tyre calls from Brazil 2008... :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Interesting race, as long as it lasted. Rosberg's start was good, and he did a solid job, until once again, apparently, he and the team lost some positions near the end due to their tyre choices and/or timing. I think Alonso could have made good use of his KERS, judging from how he came to the front there, as well. Toyota made a call with the intermediates at first that turned out to be really well, whereas Ferrari turned to the wet tyres when the track was still completely dry. =D>

Regarding the weather, I think this was pretty much predictable, and the drivers pointed out the risk of something like this happening as early as the press conference on Thursday. It wasn't a complete surprise to me that it came out to be like this.

Now, hopefully, we'll get some more clarity after some of the ongoing issues are somehow resolved on the 14th.