[Round 1] - Melbourne 2009

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 1] - Melbourne 2009

Post by Greyhead »

AWESOME!!!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

This was a great race with a great end :D

Brawn GP showed an incredible pace and really deserved the 1-2 finish, allthough Kubica might have also won the thing without the crash...he was the fastest man on the circuit in the final laps.

I hope Brawn will get good sponsorship until the next race, but also don`t mess up the cool livery too much, I really like that car and the fitting helmets. Vettel did also a great job, allthough he can be made more responsible for the crash than Kubica (both have done their part for the outcome IMO)

Toyota and Williams are also very competitive, allthough Williams, as also last year, only has 1 real podium aspirant. Unfortunately the tires went out and Rosberg lost all in the end.

Renault and Ferrari where quite dissapointing and have many work to do, they are in the classic "midfield". McLaren also is not as good as it should, but Hamilton did a great job out there. We didn`t see much of him, but he managed to bring a great 4th position home in a totaly uncompetitive and such races show real champions. Ok, he had also luck, but this was pretty impressive =D>

Why did they change the pitorder? Now McLaren has the last pit, wheren`t they moved to a middle pit last season because the last pits where to small for their whole equipment?

I hope we`ll see more overtaking like Glock did here in the next races.

I think the K.E.R.S.-gimmick is nice, let`s see if this becomes more vital in the future
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

MäxX wrote: Why did they change the pitorder? Now McLaren has the last pit, wheren`t they moved to a middle pit last season because the last pits where to small for their whole equipment?
No, they have the first pit now, as the team of the World Champion always does. The last pit is for the lowest ranked team of the last year or for new teams (Brawn)...
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Klon wrote: No, they have the first pit now, as the team of the World Champion always does. The last pit is for the lowest ranked team of the last year or for new teams (Brawn)...
When Massa came in with a technical problem and let Button loose some time coming in at the same time, Button definitaly took the very first pit after the pit entrance and Fisico said the following:

Giancarlo Fisichella (11th):
“I'm very disappointed with the mistake I made in the pit stop. I was just confused with last year as we were always in the last slot in the pit lane, so I just overshot and had to be pulled back into the pits. I'm really sad about this as I think we could have got a good result. We can take some positives away from this race though - we were able to fight with the others and the car felt good over the race. I'm really looking forward to Malaysia now.”

And the next FIAsco, Trulli dropped to 12th and Vettel punished for a race incident, which can simply happen when 2 drivers are fighting.If driving a damaged car must be fined....well, ok that are the rules...This is just ridicolous. But well, if FIA chooses to disqualify all diffusor cars Hamilton could have won this race today from behind. I love to wait 2 months to know how the race really ends =D> =D> Maybe we can go on with disqualification until Webber is on the podium in his home GP, that would be a sensation
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Nice race! Hammilton got P3 at the green table because of Trulli overtook when the SC was on the track.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Typical, semi-chaotic Melbourne season opener, I would say. Although the crash in the first corner could have happened just like that last year, one car getting pushed into the other, so I don't think this was an example of peoples' expectations of twelve drivers getting tangled up in each other's front wing.

Button did a good, controlled race, especially towards the end, where apparently, you had to be very careful not to push hard on the softer tire compound. Rosberg and Vettel did, and paid their prices one way or the other, although at least Rosberg settled for what he could get and finished, whereas Vettel got involved in that unnecessary collision with Kubica. :-s
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I am still smiling. I don't care what you guys all think, but that was THE greatest achievement in F1 history.

In my view, it has overtaken what I had previously thought was the best: Sebastian Vettel at Monza 2008.

I just can't believe it. And all the Brawn boys deserve it. To echo Jenson's words on the slowing-down lap, they are all LEGENDS.
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The FIA just doesn`t know what they want :lol:

[from the offical F1 page]
Stewards in Malaysia are set to consider fresh evidence on Thursday relating to Jarno Trulli’s 25s time penalty in last weekend’s Australian.

The Toyota driver was penalised for passing McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton under the safety car in the closing laps of the Melbourne race, dropping him from third to 12th in the results, and handing the final podium place to Hamilton.

However, the FIA have decided to look at the incident again, a right they have under Article 179b of the International Sporting Code, should any new elements come to light in a case.

Trulli maintained that Hamilton had slowed to the point that he had no choice but to pass and Toyota had originally planned to appeal the decision. They subsequently decided to abandon that appeal after concluding it would likely be ruled inadmissible
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

To be honest, I'm getting bloody sick of the FIA..........
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Petrus
GP2 Starter

Post by Petrus »

New: McLaren disqualified,Trulli reinstated.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/04/ ... rand-prix/

I've got no comment on this.
They think it's all over ... it is now!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well, this is an exciting start of this season :-|
- . -
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

This is just ridicolous, keep both in the classement and it`s done... :-k
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

MäxX wrote:This is just ridicolous, keep both in the classement and it`s done... :-k
no, it isn't ridicolous, it's the FIA!
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Maybe Ferrari is involved? :lol:

But anyway, if it's true that Hamilton and McLaren wanted to "set things up", and did lie to the stewards and the FIA, i can't say anything else that it is a correct decision. :|

I only hope they will keep this up for the rest of the season, and that there will be no "disguised" one-sided decisions this year, like last year(s). [-o< :wink:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

Post by jakesanson »

I can't understand this.

If you go off the track, overtaking shouldn't really be controversial. Lewis had overtaken Jarno because he'd gone off the track!! McLaren were right to allow him by, but the FIA are just being petty now.

Forget Lewis Hamilton becoming champion again. It's obviously too embarrassing for the FIA to see a black world champion, so they'll disqualify him every time he so much as sneezes. I mean, can you think of any reasons why they're being this childish??????

I'm sorry to bring up the race issue, but it's not like he's pushing people off the circuit. So why him????