WORLD Touring Cars....

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
jakesanson
GP2 Acc

WORLD Touring Cars....

Post by jakesanson »

I was thinking about the world series in Touring Cars and realised it's a bit poor actually. Especially when you look at BTCC from 1993-1999 and remember all the competing manufacturers from that period.

Nowadays it's just BMW, SEAT, Chevrolet and that's it I think! Especially if we're going to see no more Alfa Romeos, Toyotas, Peugeots, Volvos, Hondas or Ladas this year! It's poor to say the least! And whatever happened to that Ford Focus WTCC programme......

So I've decided to create some new teams and manufacturers (some are based on other people's work I might add) to try to spice things up and really make this a WORLD series.

I have recently created a fleet of Renault Clio Cup racers from all over the world that could enter the World Series as a team, and several other teams from other countries:

Alitalia Fiat Racing
Citroen C4 Motorsports (with an Alfa front end)
Coca-Cola Lexus Ganassi (Alfa front)
GM Daewoo Tosca Team (Alfa front)
DeWalt Hyundai Elantra Engineering (Alfa front)
HSF Saab Racing
Hyundai Accent Racing (Alfa front)
Jelt Peugeot Sport
JVC KIA Cerato Racing (Alfa front)
Lincoln LS Sport (Alfa front)
Mercury Sable Sport (Alfa front)
XPower MG ZS
Nissan Primera Motorsports
Iberia Opel Vectra
Pearson Mercedes
Perodua Motorsports M5 (Alfa front)
Petronas Subaru Impreza (Alfa front)
Syntium Petronas Proton (Alfa front)
Ralliart Mitsubishi Lancer (Alfa front)
Red Bull Audi A4
Renown Mazda M6
Rosberg Opel Calibra
Red Bull Skoda Octavia
Spezi McDonalds Volkswagen
Ssangyong WZ Sedan (which I adore!!)
Texaco Havoline Opel
T-Mais Volkswagen Bora
TTE Castrol Toyota Corolla
Zent Toyota Corolla
Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra
TWR Volvo (1998 BTCC)
Vodafone Mercedes C-Class (McLaren F1 2008 livery)
Masterfit 888 Vauxhall Vectra (BTCC 1998)

If anyone wants to work on those that have an Alfa front end, that would be great! Anybody who wants to see these teams, can do so too! I should point out that MOST of these are based on Greyhead's WTCC sets, so I can't take all the credit for them, but these are what I came up with whilst messing about.

These three are just tasters....

This VW Bora is based on a picture in Autosport I saw of Bruno Junquiera competing in the amazing TC 2000 series:
T-Mais Volkswagen Bora.JPG
T-Mais Volkswagen Bora.JPG (12.63 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
I saw a photo of the Ssangyong WZ Sedan, and combined it with a sidecar racing livery I saw from The Ssangyong sidecar racing team:
Ssangyong WZ Sedan.JPG
Ssangyong WZ Sedan.JPG (12.48 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
And finally V12 Power sent me some 1995 DTM templates to fiddle about with, and this is my finished Opel Calibra from the Rosberg team:
Rosberg Opel Calibra.JPG
Rosberg Opel Calibra.JPG (11.8 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
So, what do ya think???
Find me on @jakesansonofficial or www.jakesanson.com
Voice of the FIA Karting World and European Championships, IAME Euro & Asia Series, and more.

Commentated at the British Grand Prix for Formula 1 in 2019 and the Le Mans 24 Hours for ACO in 2016. Yep, I can't believe it either.....

Come and play the RRML using Grand Prix 2 via Downforce Racing YouTube channel!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Re: WORLD Touring Cars....

Post by V12-Power »

I think it would be good if you'd try to give every car a different front and rear, so that you can cleary differ them from each other. That would give more spice to the whole thing!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project