Some intersting news on 3rd cars!

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Some intersting news on 3rd cars!

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Re: Some intersting news on 3rd cars!

Post by TdK »

Moonrakerâ„¢ wrote:http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 4704.shtml

Just hmmmmmm
I think they will find a solution for this. I'm sure someone will buy Honda... (At least i hope)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Top priority at this time should be to make the sport more affordable, which will both benefit the big manufacturers who have to cut some investments back -- and enable smaller teams to engage more successfully. I think it's more practical to find a buyer for Honda's ex-team.

Otherwise, if you really want to get speculative, if three cars per team came into effect and for some hypothetical reason, another manufacturer somehow were to decide to leave, the grid would be diminished by three cars. :roll:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

If a third car would be used by the teams, we would definitively have a problem, because this would be not possible in GP2. ;-)

But I think there will be a buyer for Honda anyway, I hope Prodrive & David Richards will be the one who make the deal.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

V12-Power wrote:If a third car would be used by the teams, we would definitively have a problem, because this would be not possible in GP2. ;-)
We can make two seperate teams, with 1 driver each! That solves the problem! Just like DJS and me did with the White Red Bull livery in Brazil 2008 carset :wink: .
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

TdK wrote:We can make two seperate teams, with 1 driver each! That solves the problem! Just like DJS and me did with the White Red Bull livery in Brazil 2008 carset .
That's right, Tim.
But we still have Honda and Super Aguri in the set plus 2 fictive teams. :-$
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²