[Round 18] Showdown in Brazil

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 18] Showdown in Brazil

Post by MaxX »

Well, a very light Massa in Pole and Hamilton with more fuel in 4th.

The start will be one of the most interesting things, Massa must be first and get away quickly. Hamilton must get through staying on the track in one piece. This will be an interesting thing and the stewards will have an eye on the field.

It`s nice that DC is allowed to have a special livery for the last race (back in 1999 BAR also wanted 2 different liveries, but where not allowed to do it) and it would be nice to have him in the points. I think I`ll use the livery for a backmarker team in the next season.

If Hamilton is in fight with other drivers, he must be more passive as usual and when fighting Massa he must be even more reckless as usual.

So guys, what do you think? Who will make it?
HF
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 18] Showdown in Brazil

Post by HF »

Hamilton will do it! He will finish the race on P3 and Massa will win :wink:
- . -
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

HF wrote:Hamilton will do it! He will finish the race on P3 and Massa will win :wink:
Yes, I would look at it this way, too. There are only three things I could think of that would stop him: Alonso being a total b**** and forcing him out of the race, which I find rather unlikely, the Stewards having a party, if you know what i mean - more likely, but let's hope not. But the third factor isn't fiddling: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/83780.html --> 90 % Chance for rain oder wetness.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Wow, what an exciting finale... maybe now some people won't be so quick to smile about this supposed Ecclestone idealism of the championship being open until the last corner of the final race... :mrgreen:

I totally didn't see it coming anymore that Glock would lose so much time during the last two laps, apparently. But there was this one mechanic in the Ferrari pits, just as Massa crossed the line, who sort of waved with his arm, like, "Stay calm, we're not through yet." Guess he was the rational kind. :-"

I think both Massa and Hamilton drove a good last race, though, both totally in line with what they needed to do to have a chance to win the title. And in the end, one way or the other, a bit of luck was involved, too. So, congratulations to Hamilton and McLaren from me.

And hopefully, this experience will motivate Massa to put on an even better performance next year, even if Räikkönen is "on form" again most of the time. :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I've got to say, I'm very surprised the stewards haven't found some way to engineer it so Massa actually won the title, it's been twelve hours or so since the race ended, they're really taking their time over this one! :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AD wrote:Wow, what an exciting finale... maybe now some people won't be so quick to smile about this supposed Ecclestone idealism of the championship being open until the last corner of the final race... :mrgreen:
Well exactly this were my first thougts when I watched my replay of the race (I saw it 3 hours after the start of the race because my handballteam had a game) :wink: BE will be very proud. This is the thing he wishes since MC.
Greyhead wrote:I've got to say, I'm very surprised the stewards haven't found some way to engineer it so Massa actually won the title, it's been twelve hours or so since the race ended, they're really taking their time over this one! :lol:
Well, if there won't happen something untill Wednesday I wouldn't expect any change on the "green tabel" by the FIA. So does not get to optimistic that they'll find something :wink:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

I want to congratulate every McLaren/Hamilton fan! :P (So especially Henning :wink: ), by winning the title in such a great final! 8) OMG :shock: I could not believe what happened! I really enjoyed the change in face of the father from Massa, from :D to :shock: to :cry:

I’m a Ferrari fan, so happy with the constructors title, and happy because Hamilton won the championship, because it's good for the sport, =P~ , and because I don't like Massa that much... 8-[

F1 not exciting! ](*,) Take a look at the last 3 seasons, it's never been this good!

Can't wait for next year. Let them come! \:D/
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

TdK wrote:F1 not exciting! ](*,) Take a look at the last 3 seasons, it's never been this good!

Well, what's with Hamilton's lost title last year in Brasil?
- . -
Moonrakerâ„¢
GP2 Racer

Post by Moonrakerâ„¢ »

Wow amazing GP.

Not sure if Hamilton knew about Glock as team were saying they did, but jesus, I thought "Damn, he's let it go again"

Right person won imo. Massa made too many mistakes and had many dubious decisions go for him.

Best thing is, next year....

Vettel
Kimi / Massa
Hamilton
Alonso
Kubica
A Honda maybe?

All chances of being title winners with all the rule changes!
In a time of global financial crisis... cheap motorsport is the key!! GPRL resumes in 2009!
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

It is now tuesday and I have only just recovered!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an amazing race!
Have been watching F1 since 1984 and that was without doubt the closest I have come to having a heart attack!
I was thrilled for Lewis because he has come from nothing, followed his dream, wouldn't let anyone stand in his way, and conquered the mountain he began to climb all those years ago.
Well done mate, you deserve it.
Massa, what can I say, perhaps just a few too many mistakes this year, but I'll be watching closely next season to see if he's learnt from them, and if he has, he could well win the title.
But, in my opinion, the right guy won the race and the right guy won the championship...

Just as a little thing, Honda, if you are reading this (well you never know! LOL) please give Jenson a race winning car for '09, I still firmly believe that he too can become world champion. I think it's fair to say he's given your team a lot more than you've given him over the past few years. It's about time he was given a car worthy of his talent...

Once again, congrats Lewis, you've made one englishman very proud, no in fact you made millions of us proud!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

HF wrote:
TdK wrote:F1 not exciting! ](*,) Take a look at the last 3 seasons, it's never been this good!

No, sorry, i mean that the last 3 years F1 has never been better! So, the last three years are really fantastic! Formula 1 isn't boring anymore. That was i wanted to say... :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

TdK wrote:
HF wrote:

No, sorry, i mean that the last 3 years F1 has never been better! So, the last three years are really fantastic! Formula 1 isn't boring anymore. That was i wanted to say... :P
Oh yes, you are right!
- . -