Season 2009

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

Season 2009

Post by HF »

Standard engines, Hamilton winning like Schuhmacher, Vettel in a Red Bull's car, NO Ferrari? I just read this. :shock:
But you may know how I feel about one hand of this news (it goes like this: =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> :D :D :lol: ). The other hand make me :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
Spoiler: BBCODE_SP_AN
Of course I would be happy about NO Ferrari in the F1 and I would be sad about the engines :wink:
What do you think about all those cost decrese stuff?
- . -
Klon
GP2 Starter

Re: Season 2009

Post by Klon »

The standard engine thing won't be pulled through - the FIA won't have the guts to go through with it after even Ferrari has threatend to leave - and if Ferrari treats with this, it's a serious crisis for F1; because if you think Ferrari you first think F1, if you think F1 one of the first things in your mind will be Ferrari. And for the sake of history and tradition (which has been kicked in the balls enough in recent years) it would be sad to see the Scuderia Ferrari gone.
"Hamilton winning like Schumacher" ---> I highly doubt that, he will have his work cut out for him, if he wants to stay at the top and I consider it to be impossible should the nightmare become reality and we would face one-make engines.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I think in the interest of independent teams having some chance to compete successfully, bringing the costs down somewhat is a good idea. Whether one single engine for everyone is an idea that is good or "appropriate" for Formula 1 is a whole different issue. I personally think the manufacturers need some fields where they can use and demonstrate their engineering and manufacturing capabilities. Hopefully, there can be a compromise that avoids going to the extreme like this.

Hamilton still has to stand the pressure to win his first title... I wouldn't expect him to come up with six more right after that right now. :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I can understand the teams, in F1 they all want to show how good they are. With standart engines and maybe later also the chassis a very crucial point of showing their qualitiy would fall apart.

Yes, they shold reduce the costs, but I don`t think that could be the right way. That`s F1 and not Indy...
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Interesting how the dimensions of the cars seem totally changed by the new wings... the simple, wide nose of the BMW reminds me a bit of the 90s Benettons... (but, of course, the new front wing now is much wider).

Two more photos, referenced from this gallery:

Another view of the interim BMW

One picture of a Honda frontwing in what appears to be 2009 dimensions
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The new cars look like shit! I searched a bit with google, is this the new toyota??Image
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

post bug... ](*,)
Last edited by TdK on 17.11.2008, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Take a look at this:

And no, this is no Photoshop! ](*,)

This is just plain ugly! [-X

This is no good for F1... It certainly won't attract more spectators... :oops:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

This is maybe a snow plough or a mowing machine, but not a F1-car.

Even the splitted rear wing would have looked better.

I'm sure there could have been a more aesthetic solution.

It's sad to see something like this. :-&
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

It looks like someone's taken a late 1990's F1 car and stuck the front wing from a Champ Car Lola and the rear wing from an F3 Dallara on it. Terrible. Even the Ferrari Spazzaneve from the early 1970's was better looking than this. In fact so was the Eiffeland!
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Well, somehowI like the BMW :mrgreen: The car looks really agrassive and this is what I like :wink: A livery with all thos litle winglets on it looks really weird O:)

But have a look from the side:
Doesn't look like that there is anything changed :lol:

But look at this: High Voltage xD

Argggh, agrassive :wink:

Well, is that allowed?

The Honda really looks like a 94's Benneton:

I like this cars =D> =D> =D>
- . -
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Guys,

I have to say something here...

<<<<Get's ready to run & hide>>>>>

I actually like the look of these cars.

To be honest, yes they do look different but I remember thinking the same thing when Benetton introduced their high-nose in 1991, i thought it the most ugliest car EVER!
then in 1995 when most of the grid had adopted it, it didn't look out of place anymore so was a little more pleasing on the eye.
Personally, I think they should ban high noses with immediate effect because compared to a low-nose, they don't even come close.
My opinion? All '09 spec cars should have a low-nose shape, then they would look sexy again.

I know my thoughts are a bit odd compared to what i've read but it's no different really to when they introduced narrow track cars in 99 and those awful winglets.
Just look at the cars pre- all that stuff and look at the '09 spec car, not THAT different are they...
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
MaxD
GP2 Starter

Post by MaxD »

Oh by the way, dunno if you've seen it yet but for us british fans, there is good news:

Brundle has officially confirmed he is joing BBC for next year!

he didn't mention anything about a certain yellow-stained-teeth, over-the-top-Hamilton-lover, wants-his-children, co-commentator J Allen...

I'll personally pay the Beeb to send that curly haired pratt to the outskirts of Ummagummerland!!!!!!!!!!
"There's nothing wrong with the car in front except that it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!"
Murray Walker
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I am also a fan of the low nose cones (btw, I think Tyrrell was first with the high nose) but if the high nose is well placed, I can live with it.

The 2009er prototypes look pretty cool (the front wings are hot) and very ugly (some nose cones and the esp. the rear wings) at the same time. It`t pretty funny to see how the look of the car has changed over the times. But tbh the new shapes (small tires, fragile looks) remind me more of a spacey of F3-style.