[Round 15] Singapore

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 15] Singapore

Post by AD »

I like the night racing aspect more in the context of a 24-hour-race, I guess. The race itself was nice, though, primarily because once again the safety car situation changed around so much in the classification. Alonso and Renault incidentally had what turned out to be the perfect timing for their first pit stop, just before the safety car happened to come out (not unlike Häkkinen's eventual win at last year's Mugello DTM race, for example). They really made perfect use of this opportunity though once they were close to the lead, so still a good performance and not just blind luck, in my opinion.

Good to see Rosberg on the podium again - these totally were the kinds of circumstances in a race where you can score a good result even with a car that's not fast enough to be up their regularly - and despite the penalty, he and Williams really delivered for once.

Not a lot of highlights from Hamilton and McLaren this weekend, but I think in the end they/he made absolutely the right choice to go for finishing in third place and taking home those points instead of desperately trying for more. Räikkönen, on the other hand, once again proved that "double or nothing" doesn't do you any good if what you regularly seem to end up with lately is the "nothing" part.

And then of course, there was Ferrari's Massa pit stop... :-s ](*,)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The race was pretty nice to watch, I wished a little bit more options to overtake. The ongoing problems with the refueling and hard luck with that silly closed pits are 2 things which should be improved IMHO

I wonder what could have happened if Barrichello`s engine didn`t blew, he also came into the pits at the right time. I think he could also have been on the podium.

The race itself was nice, but almost every small incident leads to a safety car phase due there is too less room for pulling the cars away safely. Only Kimi maged to crash at the right place... :-k

Alonso and Rosberg did both great races showing a great pace and the zest to bring the thing home. Hamilton made a clever race and vital 6 points. You don`t have to win all races, just score more points than the others. With that diving intelligence (and speed) he will be hard to beat.

Well Ferrari showed once more that they should step back to the "classic" lollipop-man, a disaster...
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Did you saw this:
:mrgreen:
- . -
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Now officialy downloadable on http://www.grandprix2.de! (Not a spam message :D )

Great update on the track download section Andreas! 8)
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

TdK wrote:Now officialy downloadable on http://www.grandprix2.de! (Not a spam message :D )

Great update on the track download section Andreas! 8)
:D :D :D
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!