[Round 15] Singapore

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

[Round 15] Singapore

Post by V12-Power »

I just found this video, it's a great animation of the new Singapure circuit: http://www.motorsport-total.com/videos/f1/574

While the new Valencia street circuit has absolutely no soul (in my eyes), this circuit definitely has. Perfect how it was embedded into a very spectacular part of the city (not somewhere in the harbour, that looks like an enterprise zone). I'm already waiting for the first F1 nightrace!

I think this circuit is one of the biggest challenges ever for GP2 track-makers, btw.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
osamo
GP2 Newbie

Re: [Round 15] Singapore

Post by osamo »

two weeks to first night F1 Grand Prix in Singapore. i think F1 go to asia....
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Let`s see how this one will develop. The lower asphalt temperatures might be a little disadvantage for Ferrari, due they have sometimes problems with the tire temp :wink:
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

This race event is really something i'm looking forward too...! i wish it was tomorrow! :P
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

McLaren looks ahead to Singapore Grand Prix

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=nOl_p3gyrD0
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

:shock: :lol:
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

:lol:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Nice to see a little humor from McLaren. I remember Ligier once did a similar gag for a photo before a Nürburgring GP where the rain came down and the skies were relatively dark. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

That was nice :D
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

:lol: Now that's a nice aerodynamic update!

All they need now are indicator lights! :shock:
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

The first pictures of the track in the night (real) are very promising :wink:
- . -
osamo
GP2 Newbie

Post by osamo »

:D :D :D very funny!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I didn't see any live pictures yet, so I'm very exited watching the race today.

And there are good premises given, as four german drivers start within the top ten. I hope Rosberg and Vettel can score points again!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Wohw, I think this was a great deal of Eccelstone to have a night-race! This race was "fantastico".

#1 Alonso - He did it the second time this season and showed what the Renault is able to if he's finishing.
#2 Rosberg - It's sad that he had the 10 sec penalty. Without it he could have won :wink:
#3 Hamilton - Now the gap are 7 pts for 3 races left... I hope he can finishs season with them.
#4 Glock - No mistake, well tactic.
#5 Vettel - If I see him driving around I get like " :shock: :shock: =D> =D> " i really do hope he'll still be at STR's next year!
#6 Heidfeld - 1pt behinde Räikkönen :shock: Who had dreamed of that back in april?
#7 Coulthard - Triumphal procession for an old-fashioned master :wink:
#8 Nakajima - He completes this Williamsweekend

Maybe we'll see next year one or two more night-races - I would love it!
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I like the night racing aspect more in the context of a 24-hour-race, I guess. The race itself was nice, though, primarily because once again the safety car situation changed around so much in the classification. Alonso and Renault incidentally had what turned out to be the perfect timing for their first pit stop, just before the safety car happened to come out (not unlike Häkkinen's eventual win at last year's Mugello DTM race, for example). They really made perfect use of this opportunity though once they were close to the lead, so still a good performance and not just blind luck, in my opinion.

Good to see Rosberg on the podium again - these totally were the kinds of circumstances in a race where you can score a good result even with a car that's not fast enough to be up their regularly - and despite the penalty, he and Williams really delivered this time.

Not a lot of highlights from Hamilton and McLaren this weekend, but I think in the end they/he made absolutely the right choice to go for finishing in third place and taking home those points instead of desperately trying for more. Räikkönen, on the other hand, once again proved that "double or nothing" doesn't do you any good if what you regularly seem to end up with lately is the "nothing" part.

And then of course, there was Ferrari's Massa pit stop... :-s ](*,)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..