[Round 14] Monza

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
HF
GP2 Star

[Round 14] Monza

Post by HF »

Kimi did it! He extended his contrac till 2011. Well the question is if he did it before or after the last two races :wink:
- . -
Klon
GP2 Starter

Re: [Round 17] Monza

Post by Klon »

Who cares about Räikkönen, when you look at the conditions that are predicted for the weekend. Loads and loads of rain, in Monza! That will be extremly interesting...
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

The weather conditions look really interesting, indeed. Apparently, Rain is predicted for tomorrow as well. :)

But generally, I just hope this will be a fair weekend, from all sides, no matter what happened last weekend. :|
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I just love Monza and I`m really looking forward for the race. When I play GP2 I mostly play that track and I really hope for rain! Let`s see how the whole things develop, maybe we`ll have both Toro Rossos again in Q1 :)

Kimi beeing confirmed ends up some speculations and makes BMW the best team with one seat available. But I think they should confirm Heidfeld, he has shown some great maneuvers this year!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Vettel in pole, now we have our sensation :mrgreen:
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

3 of the 4 Red Bull sponsored cars in the first two rows :shock: I wasn't able to watch the qualy and got really shocken when I read this :wink: Nice starting grid for the race. Let's hope fopr such "stormy" weather tomorrow!
- . -
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I didn't see the qualifying as well, really too bad!

But anyhow, this result promises a very interestin race. Today will be an exiting motorsports day, also because the title fight in the LMS will be decided.

Btw: Spa was round 13, so because 13+1 is 14, Monza is round 14... :wink:
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wow! What a drive from Vettel, a thoroughly deserved victory, I was really pleased for him, and judging from the reaction of the crowd, so was everyone else! This is just what F1 needed after the farcical events of last week. Wasn't it strange to hear the German national anthem followed by the Italian one, and not see Michael Schumacher anywhere near the podium...

An interesting point: where did Kubica come from? He's brought himself back into play in the championship to a degree with a quiet drive to third.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

V12-Power wrote:Btw: Spa was round 13, so because 13+1 is 14, Monza is round 14... :wink:
Yep, I saw it in the past minute :oops:

Fantastic race. The good thing for Vettel was that the start was behinde the safty car. Start-finish win..... Remember the former team STR: Minardi :shock: This is a perfect example for what you are able to do if your account is "full" of cash :wink:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Re: [Round 14] Monza

Post by AD »

I think this was a really nice weekend, showing that you can still have some success with a smaller, more independent team in the current Formula One if the circumstances are "right". It was very important with this difficult kind of weather to have some experienced people in the team to make the right decisions at the right time, and in addition to that, Vettel delivered a really good race performance, which was surprising for me, too. Nice to see that under these circumstances, he and STR were able to keep other drivers in what are normally understood to be the better cars at bay.
Very disappointing for them to basically lose Bourdais at the start with that problem, though. I guess Vettel is glad that whatever happened there didn't happen to him. :wink:

The race of the two current main title contenders was interesting for me, too. I personally had thought Massa would be able to gain more positions and get onto the podium from how far to the front he started, in the end he finished some seconds in front of Hamilton. Hamilton did some interesting maneuvers there, on the other hand, but seemed to be unable to gain more ground or positions in the last part of the race on intermediates when the track conditions appeared to be improving.

Solid result for BMW too, having Kubica on the podium and Heidfeld not far behind in 5th position.

Now we'll see what happens on the 22nd, and regardless of that, I think there are enough reasons to be looking forward to (hopefully!) a nice premiere in Singapore...
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Well, what an amazeing race! Vettel has never been in trouble and scored the victory in a very supreme way. Ferrari never had really a chance for the podium and, after getting intermediates, also Hamilton who drove a very offensive race with some extremely hard maneuvers

Too bad Bourdais lost all chances before the start and Fisico risked too much :(

Well, now I`ll switch my GP2 on and go for my Monza race here :mrgreen:
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Words are really missing for what Vettel and Toro Rosso did that weekend. Amazing!

When I look at how Hamilton drove today, I have to agree at his penalty from the last race. How he pushed Glock off the track, was very dangerous and not fair at all. This would have deserved a penalty, I think. He can be lucky, that Glock could keep the control.
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

I didn't see the incident with Glock, but bearing in mind what happened at Spa I thought Hamilton was lucky to get away with his move on Webber when he appeared to move over on him at the very last second! That could have been a nasty accident.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

What a great winner we have in Vettel, he seems such a nice, relaxed guy. 8)
He reminds me of Schumacher in different ways, not only by the national anthems. :mrgreen:
(What about his face? :lol: )

What can you say about Hamilton? He did several questionable manouvres today, not only with Glock and Webber, those were the most clearest cases. I saw he had contact with Fernando as well, just by cutting him off to soon at the end of the main straight.
I guess this time the stewards didn't want the whole UK to get upset with them once more, but in my opinion Lewis certainly deserved a penalty for all his actions combined.
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
osamo
GP2 Newbie

Post by osamo »

Fantastic race for Sebastian Vettel.... =D> =D> =D>