[Round 12] Valencia

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 12] Valencia

Post by MaxX »

One new track, which nobody knows exactly. Anyone you wants to become champion should be able to deliver a good performance here.
This could somehow be Raikkonen`s last chance to stay in the race for the title, if Massa is once again faster (and luckier with the engine) this could be the decission for the direction Ferrari`s tactics might go to secure the title. That Hamilton is McLaren`s #1 was clear from the start of the season.

Let`s hope for a stunning race :D
HF
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 12] Valencia

Post by HF »

Well, the track looks well from the helicopter but from the car's onboardcams.... It's a circuit who has to proof during the race. maybe the track will give us a nice race with all the corners :wink: te best thing is the bridge. it looks really nice wuth a car on it...

massa, hamildton and kubica, räikkönen and kovalainen, vettel. this are the first 3 rows. vetter did a quite well job exept his last run in the quali :wink:
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It seems like a nice track to me. There's a beta version of it out there for GP4, for example. Definitely a different impression than Monaco with the narrow and twisty track, and the last sector with the fast series of corners feels really tricky because you have to get the line absolutely right to get a good time. The part to and over the bridge is pretty slow, but you need to get a lot of speed out of the right-hander because there's the long top speed part following.

I really hope there will be some overtaking tomorrow, as the "slow corner - fast part - hairpin" element occurs a couple of times on this track, and judging from tracks like the new Hockenheim, that seems to open up some possibilities. The big question is if we'll see some drivers in the barriers tomorrow... I think if that happens, chances are very high that there's going to be a safety car. I guess all the teams have things like that considered for the race, so it might be interesting to see what some of the strategies are like - since the track is rather long, too, the difference between having a little bit more or a bit less fuel on board might be significant.

It would be good if this could be a good premiere tomorrow. I think it's nice to have another in-the-city-type road circuit in the calendar, after all, the last one of this kind that debuted was Melbourne in 1996... :wink:
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The track seems to be pretty awesome and I can`t wait to have a GP2 version of it, allthough I have to rearrange my 2008er GP2 shedule (I first thought that the Valencia track already downloadable at GP2 would be that Valencia and due I don`t like that track I left it out :oops: )

It will be interesting how far overtakeing will be possible and, if it rains, we could definitialy have another safety car phase totally messing up the field.

I think Hamilton has more fuel on board and could do some faster laps at the end of stint 1 (accourding to the laptimes of Q1 & Q2) and could plan to overtake Massa there, Massa is once more faster than Raikkonen and if continoues to go in that direction we could have a final face off between HAM and MAS, but that`s far too early to say :wink:

Vettel was pretty impressive so far and could be ready for a first podium, I think there is nearly nobody which doesn`t want to see him there soon.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

The track looks pretty good, but what a boring race. [-(
Next year should be better, I guess. [-o<
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

DJS wrote:Next year should be better, I guess. [-o<
With rain it will be :wink: Let's pray! :mrgreen:
- . -
AAS
GP2 Star

Post by AAS »

I think the track is not bad.
The GP2 races were interesting.
The Formula BMW and Porsche races were very interesting.

But modern F1 cars ...... [-( boring !
DJS wrote: Next year should be better, I guess. [-o<
[-o< [-o< [-o<
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

The track looks really awesome, but the race was just boring. No action and almost no passing possible. Quite about time that some things change, winning races in the pits is a proof of good tactics but boring for us fans ;)
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Instead of preparing for valencia Kimi did have a 3 day party... Did the Ferrari-God penalized him with a blowing engine? :mrgreen:
- . -