[Round 11] Hungaroring

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 11] Hungaroring

Post by MaxX »

So the 2 McLarens in the first row, Ferrari on 3 & 6.

Hamilton is in a good position for a Hattrick, hopefully McLaren has a better strategy this time :wink: Maybe Kubica can also strike back, else his underdog chance for the title will be gone soon.

I hope for a good race :D
MaxX
GP2 Star

Re: [Round 11] Hungaroring

Post by MaxX »

OMG, what a race.

Massa was on the way to a real well deserved victory and the engine says goodbye 3 weeks until the finish line #-o Overtakeing both McLaren with a great start was the least thing I would have had expected from him. No mistakes, great tactics, they really would have been hard to beat today.

Kovallainen cannot hold the pace of Hamilton at the moment, but it is strange that at the end of the season McLaren and Hamilton suffer problems with the tires and lose crucial points at the end. Prüller and Wurz (the 2 commentators on austrian TV) told stories about McLaren gambling with lower pressure and Hamilton`s driving style beeing more fatigueing for the tires. Anyway, such thing should not happen in the last races, same to Ferrari.

Raikkonen could have been much faster but was stuck behing Alonso and so he lost all changes pretty early. I`m really unhappy for BMW, due it seems they have lost pretty much pace against the 2 other top teams and where without any chances here.

Toyota once more delivered a strong show and Glock is for me the "man of the race". No mistakes, great pace, very vital points. Nothing more to add, that was great!

Williams sometimes behind Force India in the race and Honda also more at the back of the field. It seems that they have still much work to do out there :-k
Last edited by MaxX on 04.08.2008, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
Greyhead
GP2 Star

Post by Greyhead »

Wurz was onto something, Hamilton really leans on his front tyres, but apparently the puncture was caused by debris.
Wander over to http://www.facebook.com/PixelDreamsGP2 and click "Like" for updates and screenshots from the world of PixelDreams!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

That was a memorable race performance by Massa. I thought it would be possible for him to take second place after the start because he was on the cleaner side of the track, but how he really took this chance and advanced around Hamilton on the outside of the first hairpin was nice to watch. Hamilton tried to keep his position on the inside, and neither of them pushed it too far so there was no collision (compare that against the Spanish GP last year, for example... :D).

I honestly didn't think there would be many changes after Hamilton's puncture. Sometimes it seems so usual that many cars finish without incident. It woke me up when Massa's car gave up on him.

Nice to see Glock feeling at home in the Toyota, as he's been saying. He outpaced Trulli Saturday and Sunday, and maybe he could have kept Räikkönen behind him even if he wouldn't have had to slow down in the end.

One thing I could just shake my head about though were the seemingly many problems with the refueling during the pit stops. (Or was that some sort of in-joke on the temperatures, spicy local food or something like that? :| )
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..