Top Gear Test Track

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
Buttonfan
GP2 Starter

Top Gear Test Track

Post by Buttonfan »

Does anyone know where I can find the Top Gear Test Track ?

Or

Can anyone lend some help on how to actually make a track, as I'm a bit of a duffer at this haha.

Thanks !
DJS
GP2 Racer

Re: Top Gear Test Track

Post by DJS »

I don't think it is possible, because the TG track has a crossing on the same level. ](*,)
It's a shame, because I would like it as well.
(A F1 car should do a lap just under 1 minute, you can ask "The Stig".)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Buttonfan
GP2 Starter

Post by Buttonfan »

Could edit it so it has a crossover, like Suzuka, that would be cool. I'd really like some tips, or some sort of instructions, cause I tried making my own and realised I had no clue where to start and what the co-ordinates and things mean.
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I haven't got a clue on track editing either, but I know there are some tutorials available @ http://www.grandprix2.de
http://www.grandprix2.de/Anleitung/tutus/tutus.htm
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Post by rremedio »

Making a new track is not an easy task for beginners. I guess you should start with "A Guide To Track Editing" and "A Guide to Pit Lane Editing" tutorials. You'll need to read "cc-line (ideal line) editing" tutorial as well.

The other basic tutorial is "GP2 Scenery Editing Tutorial", but it's more advanced and it's not needed by all tracks.

"GP2 GP3 Trackediting - Command Library" is the most important document, but you need to get started before using it.

I know it sounds complicated, 4 or 5 tutorials, but after you understand the track organization everything becomes simple you the tutorials will be useful as reference.

And you'll aways find help here in the forum by me, AAS, TDK and Antonio (any other track maker around?).
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

Buttonfan wrote:Could edit it so it has a crossover, like Suzuka, that would be cool. I'd really like some tips, or some sort of instructions, cause I tried making my own and realised I had no clue where to start and what the co-ordinates and things mean.
You can make a crossover at the same level. Nothing happens. They won't crash in eachother. Just set the view-distance at a value which makes the crossing tracks not viewable...

The Top-Gear testtrack is something i've been thinking on for a long time. Since Renault let "the Stig" make a lap around the track... =D> :D And it has a good view from above because of Google Earth!

Track editing guide are usefull for a starter trackmaker as you. Best is to start with small, easy to make tracks. Tracks with not much corners, no heights, no scenery, so you can get "used to" track editing and cc-line (ideal racing line) stuff... :o
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!