[Round 10] Hockenheim

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 10] Hockenheim

Post by MaxX »

I really missed Hockenheim on the shedule, I hope that they can solve all financial problems to stay in the F1!

It would be awesome if we had again a wet race. Wet races definitaly contribute to the thrill in the races :D

Personally I think Ferrari won`t be as weak as in Silverstone and hope that BMW can come a little bit closer. Let`s wait for the Qual 8)
rremedio
GP2 Legend

Re: [Round 10] Hockenheim

Post by rremedio »

I miss the old Hockenheim, but this actual track really sucks. Nurburgring isn't great thing as well, but is far better.

Herman Tilke is a cancer.
"The Fox provides for himself. but God provides for the Lion"
Early 90s F1 forever!
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

I also prefer the classic Hockenheimring over the new one. I still can`t understand why they changed it :-k
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

Maybe the track isn't great, but the races have been excellent and action-packed.
Same goes for Hungary, everybody says the track sucks, but the races there are very good.

All this nonsense about tracks should quit, especially Bernie should stop complaining. ](*,)
It's not about how well the track is designed or how great the facilities are, it should be all about the race on sunday afternoon and if the racing is great, stop whining. O:)
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

rremedio wrote: Herman Tilke is a cancer.
Let's hope it won't be terminal... [-(

But those clouds look promising. It could be raining in the qualifiying sessions.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Really nice. Hamilton on P1. Kovalainen will get Massa tomorrow directly after the start and McLaren-Mercedes will rule the race :mrgreen: *I'm dreaming*
- . -
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

From 2002 to 2006 the polesitter at Hockenheim got the victory, except 2005 when McLaren's Raikkonen had mechanical problems (like in much of that season).

So, we can wait a McLaren show tomorrow. And if the rain come to Hockenheimring... in which lap and turn Massa will spin? :mrgreen:
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

For some reason, I found the on-board sequences pretty interesting today - how fast the cars go through that 'Motodrom' section, the acceleration and all.

I think it's pretty safe to say that McLaren is more competitive today than they were the last time they got pole here, because then, Räikkonen pitted after just ten laps or something... who wins is a different question though. Massa was quick enough, and I think if it doesn't rain tomorrow, you can't exactly count on him spinning six plus so many times again. We'll see what happens.

I would say it's pretty predictable why Trulli and Alonso ended up so far to the front of the grid... I'm not sure though what I would say about Räikkönen today. Could have been more fuel, could have been that he didn't get a really fine lap together...

What I hope is that tomorrow's broadcast over here in Germany won't be too crazy... even if that randomly familiar-seeming guy might be at the Ferrari pit stand again... :P
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

The races in Hockenheim have been always interesting during the last years, so I hope it will be today. Maybe with some rain?!

My tip for the race is Massa on P1, 2nd will be Hamilton.

At least I'm happy to have the time for watching the race (after missing the last one due to learning-commitments).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Instead of a borig race with a polesetter who wins from start to the finish we had a really nice race althought the polesetter won :wink: The best thing was Ron Dennis radio message "We're sorry that we made it such difficult for you (Lewis)" [Or such a thing :wink:]

Hammilton showed the whole world how good his car and he blend well. On average he was about 1 second faster than anyone else. Amazing guy!!! But there was a guy who did an amazing jop too: Nelson Piquet Jr. His team Renault did the right thing with filling him up before the pit was closed after Glock's accident. =D> =D> =D>

But the most important thin is ther there seems to be no real injury.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

First of all, I'm relieved that apparently, Glock seems to be okay. That crash looked really serious (and it probably played a role that he hit an actual wall there, as opposed to other corners on the outside, where tires are posted in front of the walls).

Hamilton once again had an impressive pace today, and he brought it home without any major mistakes. McLaren seemed to have taken a huge leap of faith leaving him out like that behind the safety car (but maybe they could have been just a little bit superstitious after Montreal :-") - and fortunately for them, Hamilton had enough pace during the last stint on the softer tires to catch up with both Massa and Piquet.

Piquet was lucky that Renault could pull of this strategy and apparently get him into the pits somewhere between the Glock crash and the safety car phase happening - but I think he deserves some respect for finishing the race like that, without making major mistakes. I thought he would have to surrender to Massa and/or Heidfeld as well before the race finished, but apparently Massa had some kind of problem and despite that, Heidfeld didn't get close enough to overtake, so things worked out. It still shows how much work Renault have ahead of them to make it back to the lead though, if they need a race like this and such a lucky split-second call to get one of their drivers onto the podium.

As much as I sentimentally miss the old track at Hockenheim, I think we saw a nice race with some interesting maneuvers today. I hope the Hungaoring race won't be too different, although experience should probably suggest something else (unless there'd be a 2006-esque weather race there...).
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
DJS
GP2 Racer

Post by DJS »

I'm not gonna be childish by saying "told you so", but you know what. #-o
"I TOLD YOU SO!" O:)

It was a great race, but I have to say kudos to the director for showing almost every fight and overtaking. And if he missed it, he showed the replay almost immediate. =D>
Why can't this guy do all the GPs, it would be so much more enjoyable. \:D/
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

Yes, the most important thing is that Glock is not badly injured, that was truly a very very heavy impact :shock:

Without the safety car phase, this race wouldn`t have been that exciteing and massa would have scored 2 more points :wink: For me Hamilton is the man of the race, he was in his total own league yesterday. More than one second faster than the rest of the world, pretty amazeing!

Piquet jr. is the surprise of the race, I didn`t think he could keep his position in front of Massa, but his pace was pretty competitive after his pitstop. Maybe this helps him getting enough motivation for the future, a real very important podium. It was understandable that he didn`t risk anything and let Hamilton pass.

Massa did also a godd job out there, but the Ferrari not seemed to be as quick as the McLaren. He was realy happy with Piquet jr. and that was truly nice to see.

Also an impressive driver was once more Vettel, his fights with Alonso & co was pretty entertaining and this point is more than deserved.

I`m looking forward for the next race :D
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I think the layout of the track is perfect (although the track overall lost it's atmosphere since it was changed). The last races showed always a lot of action, and this without rain!
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project