[Round 9] Silverstone

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
MaxX
GP2 Star

[Round 9] Silverstone

Post by MaxX »

Can`t wait for that race, a thrilling weather forecast (I definitaly hope it rains), Heikki`s fisrt pole and one RB in the first row. Too bad it will be DC`s last home GP, but it was clear that he would retire soon. He has always been a nice and colorful character in the scene. Next year we won`t have any driver of the original GP2 drivers :(

And Silverstone replaced by Donington, well, maybe a good choice but Silverstone just belongs to me for the shedule like Monaco, Hockenheim, Spa, etc. Hope they`ll get the GP back and we`ve maybe again 2 british GPs like we had back in 1993.

Let`s see what happens today, i hope for a good and thrilling race =D>
DJS
GP2 Racer

Re: [Round 9] Silverstone

Post by DJS »

The Porsche race was completely wet and very entertaining, let's hope the rain will keep falling. [-o<
DJS Exclusive - Proud member of team NL²
Klon
GP2 Starter

Post by Klon »

MäxX wrote:Next year we won`t have any driver of the original GP2 drivers :(
Barrichello anyone? Never played with Jordan, didn't ya? ^^

Well, rain should change a lot, and even if it shouldn't fall during the race, the wetness itself could make a difference. I believe that the victor will be one of the drivers in rows one and two. Everyone (yes, even Webber) may win it. Or the rain flushes (no pun intended) one of the back drivers to the front. Maybe even DC... :-"
MaxX
GP2 Star

Post by MaxX »

tbh I think that this will also be Rubens` last season, but maybe he tells me lies :wink:

The race itself was pretty entertaining, but obviously due the weather.

The first 3 pilots did a great job and made no big mistakes. I`m really glad that we see another surprise on the podium this year. It was quite about time, that Rubens returns to the podium. Hamilton showed his skills in an impressive way and Ferrari`s driver on the other side where both pretty disappointing. Massa seemed to be pretty lucky to finfish that race :-k
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

Barrichello deserves a Ferrari again. There's a empty car in the #2... because there's not a driver... there's a boy who thinks are playing a videogame...

Barrichello always is the best at the rain. And in races with adversities is the perfect place to show who have real skill, talent and concentration. Barrichello still have all.

I'm brazilian, but the nationality of the drivers doesn't matter for me. Barrichello still is one of the bests, together with Alonso, Raikkonen, Heidfeld, and now Kubica and Hamilton.

Massa didn't any impressive races at Sauber and just is driving a Ferrari because Nicolas Todt is his Manager.

Hamilton really is my favourite driver now. His driving at the rain, his victory after a lot of criticismo by the press during the last weeks proves he will be one of the greatest drivers of all times. We're in the Hamilton-era of F-1. Congratulations for this amazing brown guy. I enjoy so much his driving.

Now Hockenheim is coming, and another driver could be the next F-1 1st victory: Nick Heidfeld, a German than really deserves victories, his driving today, with no mistakes was also amazing.
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Nice to see both Barrichello and Heidfeld capitalize on their experience, doing a solid race. It was especially surprising for me to see Honda up on the podium, but apparently they chose just the right strategy for the changing weather conditions with switching to the "full wet" tyres in the right moment and that paid off nicely.

Hamilton finally did a solid job in the race as well (bonus points for that start ;-)), but that's what he had to do, after a once again not quite flawless performance yesterday.

Apparently, Ferrari had quite a few problems with their cars' balance under the wet and changing conditions, it was hard to count the spins Massa and Räikkönen did out there. I don't think there's going to be massive rain in Hockenheim (or the next few races to come, for that matter), though, so I wouldn't expect anything but a competitive Ferrari for the near future.

Overall, I think what's interesting is how little consistent the top drivers seem to be this year. Every of the "48 points" guys on top of the championship now has won two to three races, but also had a few races where a lot of people were only shaking their heads... it does make for an interesting title competition though, as long as no driver can get rid of these little mistakes that can ruin a race result and pulls away.
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

Yes, it was an amazing race. I really enjoyed watching Heidfeld racing one of his best races he ever drove. Hamilton, Heidfeld and Barrichelle were the only driver with no fault, were they?

AD, Massa did 19 spins :wink: He was the driver with the moste moments besides the track.
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Six spins for Massa yesterday, according to a racing website's live ticker that I'm just going to trust on this one. ;-)

I don't remember any scenes from Trulli or Alonso, either, but that we might not have seen every bit on the grass yesterday, with that much going on.

It was nice to hear during the onboard sequences how carefully the drivers had to accelerate out of the corners, I heard it well during Kovalainen's sequences - and Hamilton seemed to be barely cruising around the track the last couple of laps. Some of the spins, like Sutil's, Kubica's or Piquet's exits seemed a lot like aquaplaning though, so I'd say it's not just the abscence of traction control, like I've read it on some other sites, "causing" so many little scenes in this race yesterday.
HF
GP2 Star

Post by HF »

AD wrote:Six spins for Massa yesterday, according to a racing website's live ticker that I'm just going to trust on this one. ;-)
Well, it was said on RTL Germany. mabybe they added his moments beside the track...
- . -
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

I see. Yeah, that could have added to the number. :) I'm sure we didn't see all of those scenes.