24 Heures du Mans 2008

Here you can post everything to every motorsport!
V12-Power
GP2 Star

24 Heures du Mans 2008

Post by V12-Power »

This weekend it's big racing once again! At 3 p.m (GMT +1) 55 cars will start into the 24 hours of Le Mans.

I appears to me, that the Peugeots will have a superior win, as they are so much faster than the Audis. And even if two cars will have technical problems, I'm sure there will be at least one which has none. The only advantage of Audi is, that they can drive one lap more, but I don't think this will help a lot.

Behind the two top-runners Dome is performing very well in their debut race for the S102. But I seriously doubt that they won't have any technical problems. Same for the Charouz Lola. In most of the LMS races (1000km) they had major problems, why should it change now? So I see the Pescarolos as third force, as they always proved their reliability in the past. Behind them there is the Oreca team, but the second (open) Charouz Lola could also play a good role.

And in LMP2 the Porsches will make it. They already showed their reliability in the USA, so I see no problems. The third spot on the podium could be anyone (or better, the one with the best reliability), though the Barazi Epsilon Zytek had a strong qualifiying.

In GT1 category it looks like a Corvette victory I would say. But the Gulf Aston Martins are eye-catcher of course!

GT2 is there, two, but I don't know much about it.

Btw: Every 2nd team unveiled a special livery for Le Mans, that gives me a big tasc for the carset. But right now I can't do much on it... from June 18th onwards I will have time again (maybe :-s ).
Visit my website: FK's sportscar project
fcy
GP2 Newbie

Re: 24 Heures du Mans 2008

Post by fcy »

V12 Power - your carset is absolutely spectacular. I'm eagerly awaiting the final version [-o<

I'm hoping the #7 Peugeot win the race - I'd like to see Villeneuve make some history :)
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

I also would like to see Jacques Villeneuve winning at Le Mans.
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

Right now Audi with Kristensen, Capello and McNish is in the front. Until now it's a spectacular race. I never expected Audi to do so well. 4:30 hours left, still a lot can happen. From 2 p.m. onwards the live coverage will be again on Eurosport 1. Till then I check the live timing on the official Le Mans website regulary. But this is the best Le Mans since years!
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

It's very interesting with the mixed conditions this year. :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
Thomperson
GP2 Starter

Post by Thomperson »

And Audi won at Le Mans! =D> =D>

:-k Peugeot will try again next years, :) Villeneuve, #-o Zonta & co. also...
AD
GP2 Acc

Post by AD »

Very close competition, and it looks like the handling through the difficult changing weather/track conditions could have played an important role. It seemed just the way it was believed before, that the Audi was a bit faster/more consistent during the rain, so they could score this win, even though during perfect conditions, the Peugeot clearly seemed to be the faster car.

I really hope both teams will be back, because it would be great to have this close kind of battle over 24 hours for the next few years...

Eight victories in Le Mans now for Mr. Tom Kristensen... :shock: =D>

Also nice to see Porsche win the LMP2 category at the RS Spyder's first Le Mans race... :)
1996 .. 2017 .. 21 years and counting ..
V12-Power
GP2 Star

Post by V12-Power »

I can only second what Alex wrote! Thanks to the rain (which was perfect for Audi) we had a very close battle at the front.
TdK
GP2 Pro

Post by TdK »

AD wrote:Also nice to see Porsche win the LMP2 category at the RS Spyder's first Le Mans race... :)
With Verstappen/van Merkesteijn as winner!!! =D> =D> \:D/
TdK - (re)tired GrandPrix 2 manic!